Location: Seattle, WA (Relocation Assistance Available)
Sazan Group is an established MEP (mechanical, electrical, and plumbing) consulting engineering firm with a growing office in Portland. Our office is made up of personable individuals who are good at what they do and work hard to create a respectful and pleasant working environment with a commitment to reasonable hours and quality results.
We are seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer (PE) or Senior Designer experienced in the mechanical design of buildings and facilities to join our team. In this role, you will be involved in a variety of engineering tasks associated with the planning, analysis, and design of HVAC, plumbing, and piping systems for commercial office buildings, hospitals, and medical buildings, K-12 schools and university facilities, municipal buildings, and more! You will be given ownership in the success of projects, will be a valued member of the design team and will have the opportunity to further your technical experience through solving design challenges.
We take very good care of our employees, and there is room to grow within the company. We invest in our staff with the hope that each person will be around for a long time.
- Fully paid employee premiums for medical/dental/vision insurance coverage
- 3 weeks of vacation
- A retirement account that vests immediately
- A fully paid ORCA public transportation pass
Sazan Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Sazan Group participates in E-Verify. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collect and analyze technical data for design studies; prepare layouts and develop specifications; develop design proposals and drawings; and analyze and resolve design and production.
- Gather information, conduct studies, perform calculations and prepare original schematic layouts and sketches to present design proposal.
- Make decisions regarding design suitability using knowledge of specified product materials, system types, and production process.
- Apply codes; identify alternatives allowed by code exceptions to devise engineering solutions to design challenges.
- Perform mathematical calculations using engineering formulas and analysis tools.
- Coordinate design criteria with architects, other engineering disciplines, and planning groups in accordance with contractual specifications.
- Become familiar with coordinating across a variety of building design disciplines, including mechanical, electrical, architectural, and structural.
- Identify and communicate changes to design and/or scope that may impact deadlines, workloads, or assignments of the project and project budget. Ensure that Project Manager/Project Lead is informed immediately of those changes.
- Represent the firm in a professional manner, enhancing client confidence and respect, and furthering relationships for the goal of repeat work or referrals. Clients should think of you highly enough to request you, specifically, for future work.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline required, Master's degree preferred
- Must have 3+ years of experience in a consulting engineering office designing mechanical systems for buildings.
- Washington State PE license or an ability to obtain one quickly preferred
- Strong proficiency with AutoCAD and Revit MEP required
- Project management and/or team leadership experience and a willingness to serve in such a role.
- Professional and thorough verbal and written communications abilities.
- Comfort working on multiple projects in various stages simultaneously.
- Authorization to work in the United States
Indeed Hire and Sazan Group are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $130,000.00 /year
- designing mechanical systems for buildings: 3 years (Required)
- Project Management and/or Team Leadership: 1 year (Preferred)
- Autocad and Revit MEP: 1 year (Required)
- Mechanical, Electrical, or Plumbing Engineering: 1 year (Required)
- Washington State PE license (Preferred)