The Project Engineer will be responsible for the preparation and submittal of drawing packages based on customer specifications for electrical equipment and controls.
You will work with project managers, manufacturing and customers, within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts, & resolve Shop floor issues as they arise
- 5 years Experience with motor control centers (MCC) or switchboard/switchgear (SWBD/SWGR) products.
- Experience designing controls and communication circuits, including industry communication protocols, programable logic controllers and human machine interfaces
- Computer skills in Office and experience with software tools such as EPLAN and CREO
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret schematics, & technical specifications.
- Interpret customer and sales specifications and translate into instructions for manufacture.
- Ensure that we meet customer requirements, quality, safety, and cost objectives.
- Prepare, submit and release drawing packages based on customer specifications.
- Support the generation of cost estimates and attend customer meetings.
- Design custom control circuits within defined safety limits.
- Maintain planned output to meet schedule and high levels of engineering quality.
- Support manufacturing in resolution of issues and engineering change notices.
- Interface with customers, regional sales and field installation services personnel.
- Promote open communication and maintain effective working relationships.
- Work cross-functionally with multiple teams.
- Plan, organize, lead and execute multiple small and large projects simultaneously.
- Generate ideas for process improvement opportunities and execute small projects.
- Coordinate scheduling of orders to level load and set achievable delivery dates.
- Evaluate incoming orders to estimate proper engineering and manufacturing cycles.
- Application engineering
- Motor control Centers (MCC)/Switch gear product design
- Design Control Circuits, Schematics and Wiring Diagrams,
- Industry communication protocols like PLC & HMI
- Project Management
- E-plan & CREO
Any specific industry experience
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering in Electrical.