Come to work for a company that has been around Valparaiso for over 60 years. We have a good reputation in the community and support from a major Automobile manufacturer. Our current Service staff has over 300 years of total automobile experience and our Sales staff has over 200 years of experience. We are willing to pay for all training needed to get the job done. We also offer, at no charge, continued education through Strayer University online (get your degree while you work here!).
We are a family owned business with a family atmosphere where every employee matters! Apply today and start a new career, not just get a job!
We are looking for motivated, hard working people to contribute to the #1 volume Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram dealership in Northwest Indiana.
Delivers and picks up parts and equipment for the dealership.
- Picks up and delivers parts and equipment to customers, satellite stores, wholesale accounts, and vendors.
- Checks with the parts manager, wholesale representative, inventory control administrator, parts counterpeople or shipping and receiving clerk before leaving to coordinate any last-minute pick-ups or deliveries.
- Checks with the body shop each day to determine immediate parts needs.
- Delivers parts to body shop when needed and distributes to appropriate body technicians.
- Verifies that invoice matches purchase order for each pick-up.
- Checks payments received with the invoices for each delivery.
- Keeps an accurate log of daily deliveries and pick-ups. Requests recipient's signature on each delivery entry.
- Unloads truck each night. Turns in all paperwork and undelivered parts.
- Handles basic maintenance of the truck including filling tank with gas, checking oil, keeping it clean and making sure required inspections are performed.
- Advises parts manager if delivery trucks need major repairs and maintenance.
- Helps maintain the professional appearance of the parts department.
- Assists service department as needed with attendant responsibilities of managing the drop-off and pick-up of customers' cars.
- Helps with stocking and posting orders when they arrive to expedite delivery to shop technicians and wholesale accounts.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Job Type: Part-time
- Driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Hours per week:
Overtime often available:
Typical start time:
Typical end time: