Smart Furniture is looking for a hard working, detail oriented individual to join our team. We’re looking for someone who works hard but isn’t afraid to have fun doing it, someone who wants to grow with the company and take on additional responsibilities, as Smart Furniture grows. We’re poised to be a leader in the rapidly growing Work from Home furniture category, and we want someone who’s ready to join us on that journey.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for managing day to day accounting activities including reconciling bank records and helping to maintain proper reporting timeliness. This position is a full-time staff position to provide data entry, accounting, and support services to all aspects of Smart Furniture operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Entering cash transactions including deposits and payments.
- Processing invoices from vendors and following up with vendors if any discrepancies.
- Monitoring bank balances and overseeing recordkeeping.
- Assisting Accounting Manager with month end close duties.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Background and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Highly proficient in excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of accounting standards.
Characteristics and Traits
- Possesses a positive “can do” problem-solving attitude and proposes solutions to issues and problems as they arise.
- Self-starter who takes ownership of their work
- Sees problems as opportunities to learn and is always looking to improve
- Thrives in a fast-paced startup environment where passion for great customer experience drives all efforts
- Ability to find simplify complex problems and find elegant solutions
- Ability to effectively organize information, manage projects, and work with others on a close-knit team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A “no task is too small” attitude and a positive outlook
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $40,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Netsuite: 1 year (Preferred)
- accounting: 1 year (Required)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible