This is an hourly position. With overtime, you can make $36,000+ per year! We offer paid, extensive wildlife training and do not require any prior experience in our field.
We are looking for a multi-talented, precise, and diligent administrative professional to bring their unique talents to our team.
Do you have high standards and a desire to help people every day? Do you want to develop professionally every day? This may be the career for you! Our clients deserve the best. From when they initially call us to schedule service and until their needs are met, our clients deserve caring, organized customer service staff to listen to their concerns and make sure they receive 5-star service.
From our office in Schaumburg, you will be instrumental to the functionality of our vibrant team. As a growing, dynamic firm, we each wear many hats.
We humanely manage urban wildlife and control insects in the interest of human health and safety from an environmental sustainability perspective with a love of nature, and a deep respect for all living things. We are a diligent team who works very hard, but we also like to have fun by embracing creativity and playfulness. Our walls are covered in funky art and we encourage everyone on our team to apply their creativity to evaluating and improving our processes.
Landmark Pest Management has served Chicago and the surrounding counties for over 40 years, with 90 full-time employees and 40 trucks on the road daily. Our insect pest control and animal damage prevention firm has been recognized for the quickest response rate in the industry and excellent customer service.
Many institutions have come to rely on Landmark Pest Management, including:
- Public libraries
- Fire departments
- Police departments
- Water treatment facilities
- School districts
- Downtown skyscrapers
- Grocery stores
- Multi-unit residential buildings
- Retail stores
A successful Account Specialist will possess the following traits:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- A passion for lifelong learning
- Ability to prioritize and organize
- Ability to manage sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent phone skills
- Professional written and verbal communication with all stakeholders
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to shift focus with grace and then refocus on a task
- Ability to work as part of a diverse and progressive team who value kindness and inclusiveness
- An objective understanding of your impact on others and how to use that power to do good and bring value to every interaction
- Willing and eager to go the extra mile
- Conscientious work ethic
- Solution oriented
- Willingness to work 5-days each week from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Willingness to take a weekday off and work some weekend days
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Provide high-level support to executives and management
- Work closely with Service Managers using industry standard pest management software to maintain and update client accounts
- Coordinate scheduling of services
- Check accuracy of documents prepared by others on your team
- Follow up with clients and prospective clients via telephone and email
- Notate all client phone calls, emails, and interactions
- Data entry and clerical support
- Assist with staff training
- Attend outside events and training, and register colleagues for these events
- Attend workshops that focus on the areas of human resources, best practices, employment law, marketing, lean, sales, and other business topics and implement the skills learned in these classes to improve the quality of the company
- Build rapport on behalf of the company at public events
- Prepare invoices, process payments and review past due invoices
- Manage task list for invoicing and other projects
- Lend additional support to Office Manager and support staff
- Process memos and schedule follow up visits to progress all active jobs forward
- Other projects as assigned
- Competitive full time pay
- Excellent health, prescription drug, vision, dental, and life insurance
- 401K (company matches up to $500 per year)
- Paid Overtime (we work 40 to 50 hours per week)
- Paid time off/paid vacation
- Paid training
- Stable company – we have never had a layoff in our 40-year history
- Numerous opportunities for advancement
How to Apply:
Please apply through this job posting. Please read the information provided above, and reply with your resume and a description of why you feel you would be a good candidate for this role.
For more about us, please visit www.landmarkpest.com.
Landmark Pest Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Landmark Pest Management is a division of ABC Humane Wildlife Control & Prevention, Inc.
You can watch our team rescue honey bees here: https://youtu.be/6pGbZTKaS74
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36,000.00 /year
- Driver's License (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Company's Facebook page: