We are an award winning cannabis company in search of a capable finance assistant (FA) to help with the growing accounting demands. The FA will work directly with the owner, finance manager and consulting CPA to manage the tasks associated with good financial practices for record keeping, fiscal analysis and planning. Must be semi local and be willing to come into the office 1-2 days a week.
16-20 hours/week to start, but lots of room for growth.
Rate: $20-$30 depending on experience
Location: Inner NE Portland. In office at least 60% of time. Offsite work will be an option after 8 week orientation and probationary period.
- Experience with QuickBooks Online, Excel/Google Sheets.
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting principles
- Experience with small business practices (experience in manufacturing sector is a plus)
- Competency with online financial applications and ability to learn new tools, programs.
- Ability to work independently with good judgement for escalating important questions and decisions
- Initiative, creativity and desire for continuous improvement or company performance
- Adaptability to rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues, vendors and customers
This is a new position. The exact parameter of this position’s responsibilities will be determined over time in collaboration with the FA and senior management. Initially, responsibilities will include:
- Weekly entry of expenses, transactions
- Reconciliation of deposits, cash accounts
- Review and reconciliation of purchase orders
- Accounts Payable reconciliations with vendor statements
- Accounts Receivables monitoring and customer account maintenance
- Bi-weekly Payroll Support
- Basic HR record keeping and support
- Monthly reconciliation of primary checking account, credit card accounts
- Support for quarterly inventory
- Special projects defined in collaboration with supervisors.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $20.00 - $30.00 per hour
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Portland, OR 97212