Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
In preparation for our launch in 2020, we are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
The digital delivery of television can be complex and confusing to some end customers. This position is designed to help those customers quickly and successfully enjoy our products and services.
NBCUniversal is hiring a Director, Experimentation & Testing to join a dynamic new team responsible for Customer Value Growth. We are looking for a candidate who is adept at swiftly handling change in a constantly evolving industry.
The Customer Growth team will be tasked with determining the quickest and most efficient ways to increase the value of each customer, disrupting current thinking with new ideas and statistically accurate testing systems that validate or disprove each idea. The team will work with a variety of stakeholders across the organization including product, marketing, editorial, content acquisition and ad sales, to elicit meaningful growth via both data analysis and multivariate testing methods. They will chase growth based on an agreed upon set of KPIs, convincing stakeholders of the importance of their testing and convincing them to implement the test winners across the customer experience.
The Director, Experimentation & Testing will lead testing programs across the customer journey, work with stakeholders to develop testing requirements, and ensure statistically significant findings that deliver true results. They will be charged with creating and running testing frameworks that provide results in the quickest and most efficient manner, using state of the art testing methodologies, but also the appropriate test for each occasion.
- At least 5 years experience in product, growth teams, business intelligence in television or a related field.
- A deep understanding of analytics, experience with data visualization tools like Domo, Looker, Tableau, MicroStrategy, Omniture, Amplitude, Chartbeat, as well as understanding of product tagging and governance.
- Experience using SQL, R, Python and other similar tools to elicit data from very large data sets, as well as to forecast accurately growth and a variety of scenarios a plus.
- Excellent presentation skills, and the ability to convey complex data results in a simple and concise way including the ability to make visually compelling decks for creative leaders.
- The ability to work closely with a variety of other teams.
- The ability to build systems from scratch, while quickly adapting to new landscapes and adopting new truths
- Experience using multivariate testing to grow the KPIs of a business
- A history of establishing KPIs and targets, and then working to hit those goals.
- An innate competitive nature and desire to win.
- A passion for television and movies.
- Bachelors degree in a related field, Masters a plus
- Ability to work at 30 Rock, New York City
Peacock Product, Programming, Revenue
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.