UPMC Rehabilitation Institute is currently looking to hire you! Are you enthusiastic about both clinically advanced Acute Care and Inpatient Rehab? Are you an effective communicator amongst a broad interdisciplinary team? Do you share a passion and interest working in a large, dynamic, urban setting with Neurological, Traumatic, Cardiac and/or Transplant patient populations? We invite you to apply to UPMC Centers for Rehab Services at UPMC Presbyterian. The candidate will work daylight shifts, Monday – Friday as well as rotating weekends and holidays.
As a Staff Physical Therapist with us you will impact the lives of others by performing initial assessments, developing individualized treatment plans, administering and documenting evidenced-based treatments and modalities as well as monitoring patient progress with the goal to maximize overall function, reduce discomfort, increase or maintain flexibility and range of motion/strength and to contribute to patient transitions to the post-acute setting and beyond.
This exciting position is also eligible for a sign on bonus of up to $15,000!
- Communicates patient's status to the referring physician and other health care team members.
- May serves as a clinical instructor for physical therapy students as well as residents and fellows in a specialty area of physical therapy.
- Maintains professional license/registration through steady pursuit and participation in appropriate continuing education and professional development opportunities to satisfy requirements for licensure/registation renewal.
- Performs physical therapy assessment, reassessment and treatment and supervises physical therapist assistants in the treatment of pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients referred by a physician to the clinic.
- Develops plan of care including goals and treatment plan in accordance with physician referral, nature of injury/illness and results of physical therapy assessment.
- Modifies or adjusts plan of care based on patient's response to treatment and/or changes in patient's status.
- Works PTAs to adjust patient programs as patient status changes.
- Rotates through selected treatment areas when necessary to facilitate organizational needs.
- Attends and actively participates in staff meetings and in-service education programs.
- Maintains written documentation for all physical therapy services rendered including documentation of initial assessment, follow-up visits, and discharge summary consistent with department standards. Co-signs physical therapist assistant documentation biweekly.
- Completes necessary charge and statistical information to accurately reflect the service rendered to the patient.
- Provides verbal and/or written home instructions to patient and/or family members when applicable.
- Schedules patients to achieve and maintain a level of productivity which meets or exceeds the standard established for the facility by the organization while ensuring delivery of quality patient care.
Graduate of an accredited program approved by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Licensed or eligible for licensure in practicing state. CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hireThe Graduate Therapist is expected to:* Sit for the licensure exam at the soonest availability, not to exceed six months following onset of employment
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Physical Therapist (PT)
- Act 34
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran