Areté Associates, an employee-owned company, is a growing research and development firm recognized for contributing to national security objectives by supplying innovative solutions to challenging technical problems faced by the United States. We have an immediate opening for a Contracts Administrator reporting to the Principal Contracts Administrator.This is an exempt non-supervisory full-time position. The position will reside in Arlington, Virginia.
Responsible for full-cycle government contract administration and pricing/proposal preparation duties; assist with accurate, complete and timely proposal pricing, proposal preparation and contractual administration to technical and program staff.
- Assists with preparation of detailed proposals and help with negotiation of contracts, administers contracts and maintains customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications. Helps to review and make recommendations regarding revisions to customer terms and conditions; completes certifications and representations
- Assists with pricing function, including preparing detailed cost proposal that respond to customer requirements and accurately present Areté’s offer; helps advise proposal/program managers on content and format of cost proposals; reviews basis of estimates developed by technical/program staff for labor and other direct costs for reasonableness, allowability, and allocability; uses internal pricing system to prepare cost proposal documents in compliance with internal procedures and customer requirements
- Administers post-submittal activities such as audits, fact-finding, contract negotiation and award. Maintains records of all information exchanged and results of each action. Works with customer and program manager to track and expedite contract award
- Prepares and issues internal contract work authorization; maintains current and accurate proposal and contract information in the Contracts database
- Advises program manager of contractual rights and obligations; maintains company contract file and historical information in conformance with established procedures
- Administers cost reimbursement and fixed price contracts to ensure compliance with contract requirements including financial limits, delivery or performance schedule, and all other terms and conditions
- Assists with compliance of company export procedures
- Establishes and maintains excellent internal and external customer relations at all levels of the organization
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED and PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field, with 3 to 5 years of Contracts Administration experience or similar experience preferred
- US Citizenship
- Top Secret security clearance preferred
- Organizational and analytic abilities required. Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, management, and executives; effective writing skills are necessary
- Ability and desire to learn about, and improve knowledge of, government contracting including negotiated procurement, contract law, cost/price analysis and proposal preparation, federal and agency-specific acquisition regulations, DCAA and DCMA requirements, export compliance laws
- Advanced skills in all MS Office Suite programs; ability to learn pricing software (experience with ProPricer software a plus)
- Ability to recognize, interpret and apply applicable regulations to resolve proposal and contract issues
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with colleagues, management, and executives
Areté Associates is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Arete Associates Human Resources Representative.
Areté will consider for employment-qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Job Type: Full-time
- Contract Administration: 3 years