Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Construction Project Superintendent opportunity for our customer in
Aiken, SC to support the Capital Projects group at Savannah River Site.
Candidate will provide construction planning support services to the NNSA Capital Projects mission being performed by
Savannah River Nuclear Solutions (SRNS), LLC. The primary focus of these support efforts will be construction program management assistance and support to the SRS NNSA Capital Projects initiative by the valuation of the various project scope, planning, cost, schedule and construction management plans. This effort is necessary to prepare for the receipt of the SRPPF Conceptual Design Report (CDR) for CD-1 in accordance with DOE Order 413.38.
Also provide assistance for the preparation of the subsequent Independent Project Review and Independent Cost Estimate by the NNSA that will follow submittal of the CDR.
Duration – Base with 1year option up to 10 years
Clearance required – No but must be able to obtain
US citizenship required – Yes
Exempt or Non-Exempt – Exempt
Closing date – 07/08/2020
Project Superintendent – SME 2
Expert advice in highly specialized area of organization management and/or project management.
1 Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree and extensive specialized training; or extensive experience applicable to special needs of the task or highly specialized training directly applicable to task area.
Experience: 25 or more years of experience; 15 or more years in an executive role or a highly specialized area applicable to the special or unique needs of the task; widely recognized in federal program or project area or federal technical community as a leader in applicable subject matter. support the SAS NNSA Capital Projects Construction Planning Team, including the following:
- Provide strategic and tactical construction management support to various Program Managers as needed to accomplish the NNSA Capital Project mission objectives.
- Serve as a strategic liaison to facilitate construction interfaces with planning and procurement to support mission coordination activities, actively interfacing with both SRPPF, TFF and SPD as necessary.
- Develop Construction Procedures and Processes for primary construction management functions and project integration interface with engineering and procurement.
- Address special tasking, analysis, and documentation as directed by the NNSA Capital Projects Program Manager in support of emerging program and strategic issues
- Assess the current state of construction planning and progress, including schedule of activities, for the preparation of construction procedures, deliverables and purchasing strategies as required to gain a positive lead on the current schedule.
- Develop/Facilitate Project Means and Methods and Project Management Planning and Design Reviews. Prepare a report documenting the review results and recommendations developed in performing the actions noted herein.
- Support as required the continuing evaluation and implementation of the recommendations made to establish and prepare the required deliverables and implementing strategies for the NNSA Capital Projects.
Work Hours: A 40-hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and a 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Work week excludes SRNS holidays. Each work day has a 30-minute lunch.
Area Security Access: An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. Candidate(s) must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE "Q" security clearance.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the applications steps via our website www.Edgewatertech.net/careers.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details, Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401 (k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Contract
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Construction: 10 years (Required)