Are you looking for your next opportunity in HVAC, Roofing, Solar, or Construction Workeragement? Ready to apply your education and experience to a fast-growing residential solar company? Do you love it when you can stand back and admire a job well done by your team?
Look no further—Modern Mill Solar is your new home.
Modern Mill Solar is looking for a Vice President of Operations who can plan, coordinate, and lead, teams to deliver projects on time and on budget across our footprint. This role coordinates job-site activities for all facets of installation. In the role, you would hire and direct those responsible for installs and material scheduling, permitting, staff training and scheduling, warehouse operations, workplace safety, and construction operations.
- Oversees coordinated, efficient workflows between project management team members, installers, electricians, warehouse associates, and other team members directly involved in the solar installation and construction part of our business across our footprint.
- Negotiates with vendors for optimal material pricing and delivery schedules ensuring business continuity and positive working relationships.
- Interfaces with property owners and serves as an ambassador for the company; resolves escalated customer service issues pertaining to construction and installation.
- Once permitting is completes, schedules the team for installation.
- Verifies and holds team members accountable for all installation projects being completed without a hitch.
- Designs and conducts job-specific and workplace safety training for all employees within the responsibility scope; leads by example.
- Travels to job sites to supervise work and ensure safety, cleanliness, and positive inspections.
- Fills in on job sites during a vacancy or in peak periods to ensure we meet our deadlines.
- Serves a technical SME for internal team and for external customers.
- Represents the company and its management team each day on the project sites.
- Ensures that all subcontractors have all the information and materials they need to construct a customer's quality projects.
- Submits comprehensive daily reports.
- Looks ahead to intercept and neutralize job-delaying complications proactively.
- Project documentation and record keeping as required to ensure the effective planning, operation, and control of project activities.
- Ensures that the Quality Objectives of the QMS are communicated and understood.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Coaches for optimal performance and ensures a positive customer experience.
- Strives to build knowledge and skills and shares expertise with others continuously
- Completes all other duties as assigned.
- Four or more years of experience required in HVAC and/or construction workeragement
- Ideal candidates have developed a procurement strategy for sourcing, evaluating, and contracting materials and/or supervising installation projects.
- Demonstrated history of leading others successfully through positive motivation required, as Modern Mill Solar is committed to crafting exceptional employee experiences.
- Must be organized and have strong attention to detail with superior accuracy.
- Experience in construction, HVAC roofing, solar installation, or electrical work preferred.
- Experienced managing subcontractors and subcontracts preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while working on a personal computer and to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity required.
· Lift and carry up to 50 pounds without assistance.
· Perform work on uneven and wet surfaces.
· Work in extreme weather conditions.
· Ability to climb ladder frequently while carrying equipment or material and work from various heights.
· Ability to walk, stand, and bend for long periods of time.
· Ability to use your hands to perform activities involving holding, grasping, turning and pulling.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record to operate company vehicles.
- Ability to drive/sit in a vehicle for several hours a time to travel between job sites.
- Up to 50% daytime travel with some evening, weekend, and overnight stays required.
Modern Mill Solar has eight core values that drive our business. These values are reflected in our employment practices and form the foundation for our employee and customer experiences.
· Demanding excellence
· Balanced living
· Pioneering new ideas to solve existing problems
· The simplest effective solution
· Living with a sense of urgency
· A spirit of hospitality
· Beautiful designs
· Acting with boldness and integrity
Modern Mills Solar is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
ABOUT MODERN MILL SOLAR
At Modern Mill, we provide energy solutions for every need under the sun.
Our goal is to help customers harness the boundless energy of the sun, achieving energy freedom by strategically managing demanding and growing energy needs. Renewable, solar energy can work for nearly every home and business. Customers can take advantage of a 26% federal income tax rebate, state property tax exemptions (based on where you live) and a 50% one-time bonus depreciation. Our team helps make the cost savings and environmental benefits come alive for customers.
Be a part of the energy revolution and apply today!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Construction or Electrical: 3 years (Required)
- Management: 5 years (Required)