Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
At Honeywell ACST, our premier team of scientists, engineers, and professionals develop cutting-edge technology by leveraging their expertise in complex hardware and software control systems, atomic physics, ultra-high vacuum environments, cryogenics, cyber security and others. When you join our team, you will be working to design and build systems with world leading performance, such as quantum computers with ‘full stack’ capabilities and best-in-class fidelity and qubit count, state-of-the-art ultra-low cryogenic environments, and complex industrial control systems.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Participate in all stages of development of microfabricated ion traps, including design, layout, fabrication, packaging and characterization
- Collaborate with an integrated R&D team of engineers, scientists, and technicians to translate system requirements into ion trap designs
- Perform layout and verification for both near-term needs along with test runs to support component development for next-gen devices
- Monitor fabrication and test results to improve the manufacturability of future designs
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3+ years' work experience in a micro-fabrication process environment
- U.S. Citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree in Material Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent field
- Advanced degrees in Material Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent field
- Relevant work experience in a micro-fabrication process environment
- Experience with a wide range of semiconductor/MEMS processes and processing tools
- Deep reactive ion etching experience
- Experience with photo lithography layout tools and design rules
- Experience with electroplating
- Experience with 2.5/3D packaging
- Experience with Finite Element Modeling (mechanical, thermal, electrical) of MEMS-like structures
- Experience working in an R&D environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Interest in working in a rapid prototyping environment
- Experience working with a cross functional team
Plymouth MN and Golden Valley MN, but with the majority of time spent in Plymouth
1985 Douglas Drive North, Suite Corp ACST, Golden Valley, MN 55422 USA
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.