Working in a Food Truck is different from any other job. You’re creating genuine moments of connection with our customers, making a difference in their day. You’ll handcraft delicious funnel cakes and build relationships with our customers (and know their favorite funnel cake creations), and with your fellow employees. We offer flexible schedules, and an environment that is truly welcoming. And what we do goes outside the truck, too. Our employees are the face of I Love Funnel Cakes. We create meaningful connections every day and make perfect desserts-- one Funnel Cake at a time.
You’ll personally connect with, laugh with and uplift the lives of our customers – even if just for a few moments. Your work goes beyond handcrafting a perfectly made funnel cake; it’s about creating a human connection with every customer.
Job Summary and Mission
This position contributes to I Love Funnel Cakes’ success by providing legendary customer service to all customers. This job creates the I Love Funnel Cakes Experience for our customers by providing customers with prompt service, quality funnel cakes and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of I Love Funnel Cakes.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep kitchen operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Anticipates customer and kitchen needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
- Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the Third Place environment during each shift.
- Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating them to the kitchen manager.
- Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer. Discovers and responds to customer needs.
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace so that partners can locate resources and product as needed.
- Provides quality funnel cakes, dessert and beverage products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational methods.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance
Qualifications and Skills
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Meet kitchen operating policies and standards, including providing quality food and beverage products, cash handling and kitchen safety and security, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Engage with and understand our customers, including discovering and responding to customer needs through clear and pleasant communication
- Prepare food and beverages to standard recipes or customized for customers, including recipe changes such as temperature, quantity of ingredients or substituted ingredients
- Available to perform many different tasks within the kitchen during each shift
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 /hour
Required license or certification:
Restaurant Team Member - Cook, Kitchen Staff, Food Prep Requirements & Responsibilities
We are looking for applicants who exhibit the following qualities:
- Consistency and Reliability
- Cheerful and Positive Attitude
- Values Teamwork
- Loves Serving and Helping Others
Applicants must be able to:
- Work Quickly and Efficiently
- Follow Food Safety and Cleanliness Guidelines
- Maintain Proper Quality Parameters
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $12.00 per hour
- Wednesday (Preferred)
- Thursday (Preferred)
- Friday (Required)
- Saturday (Required)
- Sunday (Required)
- Multiple locations
- On the road
- Carry out basic cleaning tasks around the premises, including emptying trash cans, cleaning drink machines, and cleaning any spills and broken glass immediately
- Assist cooks and servers as needed, especially during peak hours
- Report any serious incidents to upper management, such as machine failure or broken facilities
- Other duties as requested
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Weekends required
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- On call