Are you a self-driven person looking to advance your career as a high-impact player on a team? If so, we have an exciting challenge for you and your future!
At HP Hood, we celebrate our differences. Our diversity of people, backgrounds, experiences, thoughts and perspectives are fostered to create an inclusive work environment. We are at our best when we respect and value each other – One Team, One Company!
Our culture is built on value commitments to innovation, quality, results, integrity, community, people, and collaboration that fosters a strong employee engagement, teamwork, safety and wellness.
There are a variety of benefits offered to our union employees either through the union or through HP Hood. The program may vary based on where you work, but all employees are offered a competitive benefits package that include health, dental, vision, wellness programs, employee discount programs, retirement program, advancement opportunities and more.
Founded in 1846, today HP Hood is one of the largest and most trusted food and beverage manufacturers in the United States. Our portfolio of national and super-regional brands and licensed products includes Hood, Heluva Good, Lactaid, Blue Diamond Almond Breeze, Planet Oat, Hershey’s Milk & Milkshakes and more
- Proficiently operate all necessary equipment including fork trucks, order picker and HI/LO.
- Perform forklift inspections daily.
- Provide stock to production lines and restock supplies returned from production area
- Unload all incoming trucks of stock and ingredients according to Material and Ingredient Receiving Policy.
- Perform Post-Pasteurized Ingredients COA Inspection per policy.
- Stock warehouse following FIFO (First In, First Out) rotation policy. This is mandatory.
- Take warehouse inventories each accounting period and as needed.
- Ensure that the package and product meet our quality standards at all times and report problems to a supervisor immediately.
- Effectively communicate with production employees and supervision
- Perform storage trailer seal checks daily.
- Perform monthly storage trailer cleaning.
- Pick up work area before leaving at the end of the shift.
- Support SQF by maintaining food safety and food quality through completing job tasks and maintaining the work area in a sanitary manner.
- Maintain all documented information as per SQF requirements.
- Report food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Perform housekeeping of cooler and outside yard areas.
- Work overtime, as needed, which will require an obligation from you to fulfill.
- Adapt to new technology as it comes into the department
- Carry out all additional duties assigned by a supervisor or foreman.
- Understand and follow all safety procedures, always wear proper PPE, and never put yourself or other employees in harm’s way.
- Proficiently operate the Yard truck to move trailers as necessary and be able to pass a CDL physical.
- Basic English/Math skills
- Able to meet all safety compliance standards
- Must be physically fit and without any medical work restrictions to perform the job duties that will be required
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
This is a 2nd shift position. Days off: Saturday and Wednesday
HP Hood is an Equal Opportunity Employer
"VERVRAA Federal Contractor"
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)