I. JOB TITLE: Behavioral Specialist Assistant
II. LOCATION: Supervised Residential Site
III. GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Direct care training of person(s) with developmental disabilities in a residential setting.
1. Minimum 18 years of age or older.
2. Ability to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and criminal background check.
3. Valid driver’s license required or the ability to obtain a driver’s license within 120 days.
4. High School diploma or GED preferred. High School Diploma or GED is required to become AMAP certified.
5. Ability to read, write, and comprehend literature which may be of a technical nature and perform basic mathematical computations.
1. Implements programs and activities as deemed priority goals by the interdisciplinary team.
2. Follows and implements behavior management procedures and plans.
3. Documents program training information and other related documents correctly.
4. Interacts frequently and positively with residents using appropriate role modeling, encouraging proper conduct, manners, and appearance.
5. Observes and responds to signs of illness, injury, and ill effects of medication.
6. Attends resident team meetings and other staff meetings as assigned.
7. Shows knowledge of company policies and procedures.
8. Maintains the facility in an orderly and safe condition.
Other duties as assigned.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $10.00 - $10.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: One location