Respondus is a leading developer of assessment applications for higher education and K-12. Our applications make it easy to create online exams, self-assessments and learning games. We also make powerful tools that prevent students from cheating during online exams. Respondus is a highly recognized and respected name throughout the education industry. Thousands of universities, K-12 districts, publishers, and testing centers use our applications to deliver tens of millions of assessments annually.
Why join us? Our work matters – assessments help educators know what students are learning. It’s at the beginning, middle, and end of the education process.
We have been leaders in the education industry for over 15 years and are a growing, profitable business that is laser-focused on customers. Nearly all our revenue is recurrent (which means institutions pay us an annual fee to use it) and we have no debt or outside investors. This lets us concentrate on long-term growth that is customer-focused.
You’ll have a significant impact on what we do because we are nimble entrepreneurs who empower our employees. Plus, you’ll get to work with some truly amazing people who are way over-qualified for their job titles.
About This Position
This is a full-time, telecommute position for a Senior Account Manager with a focus on the K-12 market. The product emphasis will be LockDown Browser and StudyMate Campus.
Experienced and Skills
Demonstrated prior sales success including 3+ years of technical sales experience
- Experience selling into the K-12 markets
- Previously responsible for managing a region/territory
- Experience with elearning platforms such as Canvas, Schoology , Blackboard, Moodle, etc
- Familiarity with education content providers, such as Pearson, Cengage and McGraw-Hill
- Knowledge of the academic industry
- Experienced user of Salesforce
- Strong writing skills, including professionalism when writing emails
- Excellent interpersonal skills -- relationship builder and friendly personality
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills
- A self-starter
What this position will entail
- Selling Respondus products into K-12 schools and districts
- Responsible for all aspects of the sales process including prospecting, needs analysis, product demonstrations, closing and ongoing account management
- Participate in marketing initiatives including tradeshows
- Be informed on competing products and issues
- Maintain client and prospect information in Salesforce
- Keep well-informed about current industry trends and be able to speak intelligently about the education industry
- Meet and exceed sales quotas while adhering to sales rules of engagement
- Assist in identifying regional conferences or events that would add value to the sales process
- Work with other account managers using a team-oriented perspective
- Minimal travel is required (less than 20%)
Full telecommute if your work environment is free of distraction and approved by Respondus. Some flexibility may be required to accommodate meetings with staff on both coasts of the United States. You must live in the United States and be located relatively close to a major airport.
Compensation, which includes base and incentive, is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. We also have a company paid health plan, vacation package, a matching 401K plan, and a profit-share plan.
Respondus is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and supports diversity in the workforce. However, we cannot hire anyone who needs visa sponsorship.
Submit a cover letter and resume (Word or PDF).
No phone calls will be accepted. And absolutely, positively no agencies…please.
Job Type: Full-time