POSITION REPORTS TO:
Manager, Accounts Payable
MLB Network seeks a Coordinator, Accounts Payable to process and file Accounts Payable invoices through the Company's JD Edwards accounting system. The Coordinator, Accounts Payable will work closely with the Accounting department to assist with the preparation of schedules for journal entries, cost analysis and cash planning.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Data entry into the JD Edwards accounting system.
- Ensure receipt of Form W-9's and other required documentation (e.g., sales tax exemption forms) from all applicable vendors.
- Print, sort and distribute Accounts Payable checks on a weekly basis.
- Process Purchase Orders information in JD Edwards from the VimBiz Purchase Order system.
- Maintain the vendor address book in the JD Edwards. Ensure the overall accuracy of the information and that duplicate vendors are not created.
- Create and maintain timely and accurate filing of Accounts Payable invoices on a weekly basis.
- Provide the cash requirements report to Accounting on a weekly basis.
- Maintain the fixed asset information in JD Edwards as delivered through VimBiz.
- Assist in the annual 1099 reporting process.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with vendors, employees, and other administrative departments in support of AP procedures.
- Work closely with Procurement to ensure all vendor accounts are current.
- Assist with financial statement audit and other special projects as assigned.
- Other such duties as required.
The ideal candidate must have most if not all of the following skills and experiences:
- 1-3 years' relevant accounting experience or equivalent.
- Basic understanding of Accounts Payable or Accounting principles.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel including creating and understanding formulas.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to deliver required results within tight deadlines.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Individual must work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to function as an effective team member.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed, including nights, weekends and/or holidays.
- Demonstrate the tact, diplomacy, decisiveness, and superior people skills required in the pressurized environment of live television.
- Possess the manual dexterity to effectively operate keyboard/mouse on computers, edit equipment, etc.
- Possess the visual acuity needed to effectively deliver required work product.
- Possess the auditory acuity needed to effectively deliver required work product.
- Ability to sit or stand for sufficient lengths of time in order to effectively deliver required work product.
- Possess sufficient eyesight to work effectively.
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds.
Bachelor's degree is required; Accounting or Finance major is preferred