Employees in this classification are responsible for performing a wide variety of patient care activities in an assigned correctional facility. They function within their legal scope of practice adn in accordance with the policies and procedures of the organization and practice setting. Work is performed under the direction of a registered nurse as part of a total correctional managed health care team in providing safe and competent care to patients.
Org Level 7
696002 - TCCO Littlefield
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
- Communicates patient data using EMR to support decision-making to improve patient care.
- Assists with or performs exams, assessments and procedures and documents intervention in EMR.
- Prepares and operates necessary equipment and instruments for examinations, treatments, and procedures.
- Administer or assist with administration or documentation of medications.
- Maintains working knowledge of current issues and treatment modalities.
- Assist in admissions, discharges and transfers.
Work is performed under general supervision with intellectual freedom, autonomy to nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit.
This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
- ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission
- KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude
- INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking
- VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit
- BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments
As assigned by supervisor
* Current Vocational Nurse License in the State of Texas or ability to transfer license to Texas. * Current CPR certification Education: * Graduated from an approved accredited nursing program. Experience: * None
Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
Basic computer experience.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Minimum Hire Rate