Are you looking to join a team that is more like a community?
Built with You in Mind:
We work in an open, freshly renovated, technologically advanced office in the heart of Pompano Beach. As we disrupt industries and persuade audiences, our plan is to always think big. No egos. No jerks. No prima donnas. Just awesome folks like you, who live and breathe collaboration and dig the perks like a full-service café, and team recognition. And yes, we have snacks.
BrandStar’s mission is to positively impact people’s lives, and that includes you. We fulfill that mission by offering valuable content solutions through brand integration, social media, performance-based marketing and creative storytelling. Visit us: www.brandstar.com
Great Place to Work Certified:
Our employees have made their voices heard! BrandStar recently earned the prestigious Great Places to Work certification based on our culture of mutual respect and transparency. We appreciate our employees for helping us earn the gold standard honor for organizations, and we continue to work hard to remain a Great Place to Work for all current and future BrandStar team members.
This is BrandStar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJk-AgfvS_4
BrandStar is looking for a freelance Editor to work on short term contracts for post-production.
The Editors role is to transform raw footage filmed on the set/field for television shows into a polished final product for broadcast. The ideal candidate has experience working as a Pre-editor, is creative and can mix video footage with music, sound effects, audio, and special effects.
This requires creativity, vivid imagination, artistic eye and mindset that will work well with others.
Must have computer-savvy and extensive knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects and Photoshop. Moreover, he/she must be able to adapt to rapidly changing technology.
- The editor will be expected to take the raw footage from the narration, interviews, reenactments and stock footage and effectively edit them into a creative story that showcases participant brands.
- The editor organizes and creates video projects which follow a script, story, or concept, and further evolves those assets as necessary to engage, entertain, or inform viewership.
- Responsible for the majority of the post-production process, and their editorial decisions determine how the story is told, ultimately molding the audience's experience.
- May be called on to help ideate in the pre-production stage of a program in order to help develop and execute vision for a particular segment or show. The Editor will be responsible for finalizing and proof reading the final edit.
OVERVIEW OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enhances editorial department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- The fundamental role of a Temporary Contractor/ Consultant is to provide support to full time and freelance staff as needed.
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Organize, log and sync video footage.
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of film.
- Input music, dialogue, graphics and effects.
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running.
- Perform color correction and other image enhancements.
- Mix audio tracks.
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Keep up to date on all BrandStar used hardware and software toolsets.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 3 plus years of proven work experience in video editing.
- Experience using protocols a plus.
- Solid experience with Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects and Photoshop.
- Must be an exceptional project manager.
- Effective communicator organized and detail oriented.
- Highly collaborative and adaptable.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
Job Type: Full-time
- Video Editing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Adobe After Effects: 2 years (Preferred)