Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer
Are you a self-motivated engineer interested in working in a highly collaborative environment with cutting edge technology? Our team bridges the gap between Capital One's flagship mobile application and various backend APIs. Through aggregation and orchestration, we build out server-side experiences for our customers. Our stack runs fully in the AWS and leverages a variety of open-source tools, including Netflix's Hystrix and Zuul. Successful candidates will have experience performing as technical lead on software development projects with responsibility for overall delivery of software components.
- Develop applications using enterprise java technology stack and object oriented methodologies.
- Perform as technical lead on software development projects with responsibility for overall delivery of software components including writing code.
- Collaborating with other tech leads to ensure integrated end-to-end design
- Documenting design decisions and ensuring adherences
- Supporting QA during testing, and oversight during implementation into production.
- Conduct design & code reviews
- Work with product owners and design teams to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, and implement technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Leverage engineering practices like pair programming, TDD, ATDD, CI/CD, and Refactoring techniques
- Partner with technology support teams to help resolve production issues in emergency situation
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends and best practices: experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in community of practice groups, and mentor more junior members of the engineering community
- Encourage inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Lead developers in IT projects
Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
At least 3 years of experience with Java
At least 1 years of experience creating APIs and Rest webservices
At least 5 years of experience with Java
At least 1 years of experience with Spring Framework
At least 1 year of experience with Mocking framework for Unit Testing
At least 1 year of experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
At least 1 year of experience with Maven or Gradle
At least 1 year of experience with Tomcat, Undertow and/or Jetty
At least 1 year of experience with AWS Cloud
At least 1 year experience with Agile
At least 1 year experience with Jenkins
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.