Unified Communications (UC) Technical Project Manager, MedStar Health
Technical Project Manager responsible for supervising and managing the efforts of multiple technical teams including vendors, Visitor Authorization Requests (VAR’s) and managed services resources engaged in implementation of on-prem Cisco-based Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) telephony systems for enterprise-wide integrated infrastructure for voice and video calling, messaging, and mobility.
Must pass a State and Federal criminal history/security background check; must also successfully complete Maryland Department of Transportation (DOT) fingerprint-based Criminal History Records Check (CHRC).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Serve as primary liaison coordinating the assessment, evaluation, and reporting of multiple vendor-led delivery efforts for implementation of system-wide technical solutions from cost, schedule, performance, and risk perspective.
Plan, organize, and manage required efforts to complete the following overarching tasks:
Conduct on-site assessments and engage in verification of elicitation, definition and documentation of functional, performance, and support requirements for required voice, data, and clinical application integrations.
Testing, Validation and Verification:
Coordinate and manage collaborations of Nursing Informatics, Clinical Engineering, BioMed, and vendor teams to complete required on-site, end-to-end testing, validation, and verification of applicable clinical and non-clinical applications.
Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM):
Oversee vendor-performance related to delivery of CUCM implementation, integration, and test activities.
Oversee vendor-performance related to testing telephony system performance, telco integration, and impacts to applicable clinical and non-clinical applications.
Coordinate and manage collaborations of applicable technical teams for deployment and go-live of telephony systems, applications, and dependent/related functionalities (onsite at hospitals).
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Analytical-Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures.
- Business Acumen-Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to client success; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Diversity-Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment- free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
- Oral Communication-Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates effective group presentation skills; manages and participates in meetings.
- Professionalism-Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Judgment-Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) Information Systems, or equivalent specific Telecommunications work experience
CompTIA Security+, Network+
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Voice
Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Unified CM)
Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP)
Background and Experience:
Eight to ten years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience; four years specific experience with implementation, maintenance, and/or upgrade of enterprise grade PBX systems.
Required Technical Skills:
Experience with implementation, maintenance, and/or upgrade of enterprise grade Project Branch Exchange (PBX) systems.
Experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) or similar telephony soft-switch technology
Excellent written and oral communication, and presentation skills
Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
Ability to manage priorities and workflow
Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office
Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
Strong interpersonal skills
Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
Professional appearance and demeanor
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Occasionally required to stand
Frequently required to walk
Frequently required to sit
Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
Continually required to talk or hear
Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items less than 25 pounds/ up to 25 pounds/ up to 50 pounds/ more than 50 pounds
Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.