CWS is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to leverage engineering best practices within design, administration, installation and support for systems/server, software and security. You will be responsible for the maintenance of Virtual Desktop images (VDI) by deploying updated images and troubleshooting issues for individual users. You will gather requirements and develop plans for deploying new applications to the VDI and create automated processes for deployment. You will monitor the environment, including review and maintenance of security settings.
Computer World Services Corp (CWS) provides comprehensive Mission Critical and Enterprise Information Technology services and support to the Federal Government. CWS strives to promote a work environment where our professionals feel empowered, engaged, and part of a family. Our corporate culture embraces diversity, nurtures professional growth, and rewards hard work. CWS seeks motivated, client-focused individuals to join our growing organization.
This position will support the mission of OFR. OFR supports the Financial Stability Oversight Council (FSOC) in promoting financial stability by: collecting data on behalf of FSOC; providing such data to FSOC and member agencies; standardizing the types and formats of data reported and collected; performing applied research and essential long-term research; developing tools for risk measurement and monitoring; performing other related services; making the results of the activities of the OFR available to financial regulatory agencies; and assisting such member agencies in determining the types of formats of data authorized to be collected by such member agencies.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Involves an in-depth understanding of the overall network infrastructure and ability to provide remote troubleshooting and resolution
- Installing, configuring and supporting windows applications on Windows 7 and/or 10 desktop systems, both virtual and physical
- Strategize and execute periodic patching activities including vulnerability remediation using WSUS & SCCM.
- Design and implement architecture and implementation solutions to address the functional and performance requirements across the application, middleware, data, infrastructure, network, and security layers of the enterprise information sharing platform
- Initiate the efforts to automate system configuration, management, and monitoring of components using tools like: Github, Bamboo, JIRA, Bash, Jenkins and Ansible for rapid scalability and resiliency
- Creating, testing, and coordinating the implementation of Group Policy objects and experience with AD monitoring tools
- VDI image creation and deployment VM templates, Citrix PVS vDisk, Citrix MCS
- Administration of Active Directory (including group policies for security settings on Windows 7 and 10 OS)
Education & Experience
- 5 or more years of IT experience
- Experienced in application deployment automation (app packaging) for Microsoft App-V, VMware ThinApp, Citrix Streaming, or similar technologies
- Experience with technical planning, engineering, deployment, and support of both, physical and virtual desktop (VDI) environments
- Experience with Windows PowerShell scripting.
- Hands on experience with server related technologies and techniques at the Tier-2 or 3 support levels.
- Must have experience in the following desktop technologies:
o VMware vSphere
o Citrix XenDesktop & Citrix XenApp
o MS Windows 7 or higher OS (preference for 7 and 10)
o Dell Data Protection Encryption Enterprise Edition
o Thin and zero client deployments and configuration using Dell Wyse
- Skilled in Windows 7 OS deployment, management, and configuration
- Skilled in Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrades and support
- Skilled in using Active Directory Group Policies to manage and configure security settings on Windows 7 OS as well as general Active Directory administration
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Preference given for Microsoft certification
- Preference given for VMWare certification
- Preference given for Citrix certification
- Agency Specific
- US Citizen or permanent resident
Other (Travel, Work Environment, DoD 8570 Requirements, Administrative Notes, etc.)