Recruitment/Posting Title Processing Archivist - John Cotton Dana Library
Posting Number 18TM0913
Department Dana Library - Nwk
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Processing Archivist for the John Cotton Dana Library in Newark, New Jersey. This position reports to the Associate Director of the Institute of Jazz Studies. The Processing Archivist will be working in the Institute’s archival collections performing the duties listed below. The Institute’s archival collections include music manuscripts, personal papers, photographs, memorabilia, and other materials.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Receives, arranges, describes, preserves and creates finding aids using best practices and cutting-edge techniques.
- Describes the contents of each collection using established archival practices.
- May provide research consultation about the contents of collections, as appropriate.
Position Status Full Time
Hours Per Week 40
Daily Work Shift Day
Position Salary 28.00 per hour
Payroll Designation PeopleSoft
Terms of Appointment Temporary Staff Appointment - Hourly
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Up to two years relevant experience in an administrative function, good communication and interpersonal skills, and computer literacy.
- Knowledge of or familiarity with jazz history is desired but not required.
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited institution.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of and experience in the development of EAD finding aids.
- Awareness of national issues and trends in archives.
- Excellent time management
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- This is a six month appointment.
Posting Open Date 11/07/2018
Posting Close Date 12/07/2018
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Regional Campus Rutgers University-Newark
Home Location Campus Rutgers University-Newark
Newark, New Jersey 07101
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of all pre-employment screenings.