Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Capability to use Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to develop, extract, integrate, and finish geospatial datasets to support Data Management and Product Assembly services. Proficient with digital cartography, image processing/analysis, geospatial production and Quality Control and Assurance (QA/QC) techniques.
Proficient with ArcGIS, ArcSDE, ArcGIS Data Reviewer, Python (or some other object-oriented program/scripting language), FME, MapMerger, GAIT, or other appropriate software and tools to analyze and produce geospatial data. Proficiency with ArcGIS 10.X and its component extensions including Production Mapping and Defense Mapping, along with the ability to create tailored scripts is highly desirable.
Demonstrated experience performing data collection, integration/conflation, enrichment or cartography to NGA standards under the GGI and/or GDS Foundation GEOINT Content Management (FGCM) contracts. Candidate may focus on Data Management/Production-related or Cartography-related projects, but an ability to perform in either discipline is preferred. Demonstrated experience serving in QA/QC roles, including reviews of subcontractor-produced data.
Demonstrated experience using, producing or applying the following data formats: MGCP, TDS, CADRG, DTED, GeoNames, AAFIF, DAFIF, DVOF, and NGA and commercial imagery. Demonstrated experience using, producing or applying NGA products including Topographic Line Maps (TLMs), MGCP-Derived Graphics (MDG)/MGCP Topographic Maps (MTM), Joint Operations Graphics (JOGs) and other NGA products. Experience with commercial/open source GEOINT is also desirable.
- 1 or more years of geospatial production and/or managerial experience, with knowledge of NGA specifications, data compilation and cartographic workflows developed under the GGI/GDS or other large geospatial production contracts
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, GIS, Environmental Studies, Computer Science or other related field
- Demonstrated experience with ArcGIS software package
- Strong organizational skills and strong ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- U.S. citizen
- Ability to work with minimal oversight and communicate effectively with team members who perform various production tasks such as feature extraction, conflation or cartographic production from a variety of sources.
- Experience working with teams that included geographically-distributed subcontractors