Manages the inbound or outbound departments of the distribution center in accordance with company policies and procedures.
1. Responsible for the interviewing, hiring and supervision of DC Supervisors. Provides training, sets performance goals and provides evaluative feedback to all direct reports.
2. Plans and organizes work assignments. Monitors and controls departmental expenses including overtime to meet or exceed financial plan.
3. Prepares and conducts performance appraisals for DC Supervisors.
4. Initiates, conducts and seeks appropriate approvals involving disciplinary action up to and including terminations of all D&TS associates within assigned area.
5. Prepares and analyzes a variety of reports to ensure proper management of the department.
6. Maintains Pay for Performance incentive program conditions. Notifies Engineers when conditions change.
7. Manages departmental communications with other Operations Departments to ensure coordination of efforts.
8. Ensures department-level compliance with key company standards of safety, facility maintenance, and postings/notifications.
9. Takes proactive role in establishing and carrying out shrinkage control disciplines and programs and accepts high level of responsibility for distribution center's shrinkage performance.
10. Assumes all managerial responsibilities concerning Human Resources policies and wage administration including KRONOS payroll processing.
11. Uses discretion and independent judgment while maintaining the integrity of our Mission, Vision and Values statement in making all business decision.
1. Three years previous managerial experience within a Distribution Center strongly preferred.
2. Thorough knowledge of supply chain management required.
3. Demonstrated leadership ability required.
4. Previous Warehouse Management System (WMS) and PC knowledge and ability required.
5. Previous experience leading Supervisor equivalent positions preferred.
6. Strong oral and written communication, analytical, organizational and time management skills required.
7. Ability to perform physical activity at a sustained pace including walking, bending and lifting within a Distribution Center environment required.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- operations management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Apple Valley, CA 92307 (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Weekends required
- Night shift
- 12 hour shift
Company's Facebook page: