We are a diverse community joined together by a shared commitment to nurture the potential of kids, promote healthy living and foster social responsibility.
With more than 80,000 members across Chester County, our programs and facilities are always based on the unique needs and interests of the communities we serve. In addition, our volunteers, staff, members and donors are all united by a deep commitment to continually strengthen Chester County.
Kennett Area YMCA
Kennett Square, PA
About the YMCA of Greater Brandywine:
The YMCA of Greater Brandywine (YGBW), an association of eight YMCAs serving Chester County, is a non-profit organization committed to nurturing the potential of every child, promoting healthy living and fostering social responsibility through life-changing programs for all. Are you committed to the YMCA cause? Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of our community members? Lead a dynamic team as the Executive Director of the Kennett Area YMCA.
The Branch Executive Director supports the work of the YMCA of Greater Brandywine, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Branch Executive Director stewards the Y's cause, promoting and protecting the brand and reputation as a global, inclusive organization within the community. The Branch Executive Director oversees the operation of the Kennett Area Y and guides volunteer and staff development, financial development and collaboration with community stakeholders.
- Maintains a diverse volunteer Advisory Board that actively supports the Y's goals and strategic plans. Recruits, selects and develops diverse volunteers for the Branch Advisory Board.
- Builds bridges within the community so that all segments of society have access to the Y.
- Effectively communicates community benefit and the Y's impact for all stakeholders including staff, volunteers, members, community leaders. Develops positive working and collaborative relationships with other organizations, businesses and governmental entities.
- Manages the budgeting process so that resources are devoted to top priorities and strategic objectives. Ensures operating budgets meet or exceed targets.
- Develops and directs high quality member engagement strategies and programs which support branch and association goals and strategies. Establishes plans for the expansion of programs and services, in harmony with overall YMCA objectives and the leadership team in which will enhance the ability to have a higher service area market penetration.
- Directs the financial development activities of the branch.
- Directs branch strategic planning efforts and develops the annual operating plan of the branch.
- Oversees the hiring, training, development and supervision of staff.
- Fosters a climate of innovation to develop member-focused programs which support the Y mission, goals and strategies.
- Ensures the safety and maintenance of high quality facilities, grounds and equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in human services, social services, business or equivalent.
- YMCA Multi-Team Leader Certification preferred.
- Five or more years of management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit organization.
- Ability to direct total operations through volunteer development, supervision of staff, development and monitoring of branch budget, marketing and public relations and program development.
- Experience in management and development of volunteer involvement; ability to recruit top community leaders.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
The YMCA of Greater Brandywine currently offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a free YMCA family membership, medical and dental insurance along with a 12% employer contribution to the retirement savings plan. Program discounts on YMCA of Greater Brandywine programs, camps, childcare, and continuing education classes at Immaculata University. Up to four free hours of Childwatch per day.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY - The YMCA of the Greater Brandywine considers candidates for all positions on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, genetic information, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or other protected classification and in accordance with applicable federal, state & local laws.