The Academy of Management (AOM) is the preeminent professional association for management and organization scholars. Our worldwide members are professors and Ph.D. students in business schools at universities, academics in related social science and other fields, and practitioners who value knowledge creation and application. Founded in 1936, our global community today is nearly 20,000 strong, spanning more than 120 countries. Learn more about us at www.aom.org
In addition to salary, the Academy of Management offers eligible employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package, including group medical, dental, vision, FSA, life insurance, short and long term disability, 401(k) employer match, generous paid time off and holidays, and other supplemental benefits!
Job Summary: Responsible for mission critical digital publishing operations and platform management, the Digital Systems Manager oversees editorial and digital operations for journal hosting through both internal and external partners and has input into editorial systems management for the Academy publications portfolio. The incumbent has specialized expertise partnering with and supporting editorial, volunteer and operational teams, and is responsible for all digital journal delivery, workflows issue tracking, system upgrades and content dissemination in a digital environment. The Digital Publishing Systems Manager also supports new development and methodologies related to digital publishing innovations.
Management of all Journal Hosting System Functions and Operations
· Systems manager of journal hosting platform; manage system workflows, solve problems, coordinate new products and projects.
· Responsible for flow of editorial content through all platforms including system set-up for journal submission within ScholarOne platform.
· Configuration of all AOM technical aspects of journal content and institutional/user access across journals site
· Manage integration and user/institutional access and authentication across all systems. Continually improve member and subscriber access experience.
· Coordinate and distribute monthly reports and analyses for usage metrics on all AOM titles.
· Main point of contact for Academy of Management online content provider, Atypon. Manages vendor and tracks expenses, issues/tickets, and projects.
· Responsible for reporting and resolution of system issues, interruptions and defects to vendor.
· Develop and implement custom access needs for specific articles/issues/journals with recommendations for special access needs for staff teams including promotional access for Marketing.
· Track and manage requests and information for articles (Open access requests, trial access etc.).
· Manage new journal or title workflows on all systems; setup team meetings, investigate portal options and implement features/functionality.
· Responsible for all content management functions for publishing portfolio.
Management of Digital Assets and Publishing Systems
· Manage complete lifecycle of all digital publishing assets. This includes all video, audio and multimedia files supporting our publishing portfolio in all formats (online, web, app, digital/page turning editions).
· Responsible for codifying and developing systems workflows for publishing services processes and operations (editorial, production and distribution).
· Coordinate digital dissemination and delivery to AOM members and subscribed institutions.
· Manage product alerts and member communications for new issue delivery.
· In collaboration with Directors, research and investigate new digital publishing products and outlets to include ancillary content and supplement to enhance articles.
· Develop the tagging, archival and hosting needs for all article supplements on the hosting platform.
· Maintain information on digital supplements and products in the scholarly publishing industry.
· Staff liaison and lead for content visible on mobile web platforms.
· Sets up and tracks data for digital advertisements.
· Responsible for content management of all internal and external publishing web pages.
· Coordinates and collaborates across the AOM and develops naming conventions.
· Manages keywords for all publications.
· Team lead for all digital systems integration projects with vendors and AOM IT.
· Provide access and statistical information about usage and other statistical key data used for analytics or metrics.
· Develop guiding documents reflecting publishing industry best practices.
Volunteer, Member and Staff Team Management of Special Projects
· Assign resources and coordinate efforts of team members for project completion to include meeting agendas, content development (collateral) and communications.
· Successfully guide publishing services projects; prepare action items/timelines, lead meetings and/or conference calls and regularly update project progress and development.
· Serve as primary liaison across staff teams for all publishing services projects.
· Implement work solutions to alleviate volunteer workload.
· Act as liaison with AOM meetings team to ensure publications visibility at conferences.
· Develop volunteer ideas and plans.
· Process expenses to assist with budget preparation for the Publishing Department.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Management, or a related discipline.
· Three + years of professional publishing experience in a complex environment.
· Experience within the scholarly publishing field and its processes including electronic, production and dissemination, marketing, copyrights, licenses, etc.
· Knowledge of Impact Factor, usage and citations metrics required.
· Familiarity with ScholarOne Manuscripts or similar peer review systems required
· Knowledge of mainstream publishing systems/software providers required.
· Familiarity with HTML, content management systems, video and audio embedding a plus.
· Some project management experience a plus
Skills and Abilities
· Ability to take ownership and initiate, coordinate, manage and execute multi-faceted projects and demonstrate agility while paying close attention to detail in a deadline driven environment.
· Ability to build productive vendor, volunteer and staff relationships allowing for effective collaboration and management of workflows and processes.
· Highly developed service orientation, communication and interpersonal skills with ability to interpret, lead and translate information across a multi-faceted organization, particularly in a web environment.
· Sound decision making, critical thinking and problem-solving ability.
· Solid work ethic, personal integrity, and high professional standards.
· Strong technology aptitude and computer skills with the ability to quickly learn and navigate new systems, with specific focus web and intranet related to meetings.
· Ability to understand and appreciate the needs of the association industry and academic market.
Periodic domestic and international travel to meetings and conferences required, up to 10% annually, with the Annual Meeting accounting for up to 2 weeks of travel. Travel typically includes use of various methods of transportation (car, plane, rail), depending on the location.
Job Type: Full-time