Reliant Holdings – Network and Systems Administrator
Sets up, configures, and supports internal and/or external networks. Develops and maintains all systems, applications, security, and network configurations. Troubleshoots network performance issues and creates and maintains a disaster recovery plan. Recommends upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment. Provides technical support and guidance to users. Installs new software releases and system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, and resolves software related problems. Performs system backups and recovery. Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Must have a strong customer service ethic. Performs a variety of tasks.
- Establishes system specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing system infrastructure.
- Establishes system by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of PC and server hardware, software, LAN and WAN networks, and operating and system management systems; defining system and operational policies and procedures.
- Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor.
- Secures system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- Upgrades system by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Develop server build images and processes including automatic deployment technologies
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Perform analysis of technical platform service using fundamental understanding of IT business processes or problems.
- Assist users with remote troubleshooting of platform hardware and firmware.
- Update tickets with all steps taken to correct issue or provide recommendations.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or software engineering, and 2 years work experience /or 5 years equivalent work experience.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Hands-on server operating systems experience including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and user administration
- VMware – vSphere 5.5/6.x, vMotion, Storage vMotion, HA, vConverter
- Microsoft Operating Systems including Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Group Policy Design and Implementation
- DNS and DHCP
- Print and File Services
- Storage Area Networks (SAN or NAS)
- System Administration, Developing Standards, LAN Knowledge, Proxy Servers, Training , Multi-tasking, On-Call, Networking Knowledge, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Maintenance, Network Performance Tuning
- Strong analytical, organizational, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to carry out assigned tasks independently and meet deadlines
- Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in-group problem solving situations.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills. - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Demonstrates group presentation skills.
- The candidate should be a dedicated problem solver who can multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Excels at excellent teamwork. Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams.
- On-call availability.
- Overtime hours may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods.
- Able to lift computer drives, monitors, and other peripherals.
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of off-site software installation.
Job Type: Full-time
- Network Administration: 2 years (Preferred)
- Midland, TX 79707 (Preferred)