Are you looking for a stable career that comes with all of the benefits of State employment? Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) Managed Care is seeking a Mental Health Clinician to join our dedicated team at the Montford Psychiatric Unit, located in Lubbock, TX
TTUHSC Managed Care provides health services to approximately 30,000 patients in 27 correctional facilities at 23 geographical locations throughout the West Texas sector, dating from 1989. Through a broad range of comprehensive services, TTUHSC strives to positively impact the lives of our patients, including many who previously never had access to quality health care. We are guided by our values of One Team, Kindhearted, Integrity, Visionary, and Beyond Service. We are as passionate about building a great place to work as we are about nurturing the health of those we serve.
What you will do-
- Communicates direct, complete, and adequate information with outside social service and government agencies, adhering to privacy standards. Addresses problems directly with the person involved or their supervisor.
- ITP's are reviewed per policy and for release planning. Reports information regarding O/P’s symptoms in context of the current DSM to corroborate diagnoses and current level of functioning so treatment teams can adjust treatment plans as needed.
- Monitors patient prior to treatment team. Required documentation is noted in the record. Meets standards for quality, quantity, and timeframes. Psychosocial evaluation and all corresponding documentation are completed per policy.
- Responds to I-60's. Responds to family calls. Completes release planning tasks in a timely manner. Manages treatment team and specialized program referrals in timely and appropriate manner.
- Demonstrates knowledge of therapeutic approach. Creates and maintains positive therapeutic environment. Adheres to established guidelines for individual and group demographics, as well as for individual, psycho- educational and psychotherapeutic groups.
- Serves as patient advocate in representing the patient's right to refuse treatment in accordance with procedural hearings. Represents the declared wishes of the patient, who may be living with severe mental illness and/or serious emotional disturbances, to their viewing physicians who determine patient's need for inpatient psychiatric care. Demonstrates knowledge of the procedure for Civil Commitment Hearing.
- Clinical documents using legible handwriting and/or appropriate forms in the EMR, professional language, supports clinical assessment with objective information/observation, and avoids jargon. Follows policy in documenting group therapy sessions, row rounds, all clinical notes (i.e. SOAP notes), treatment plans, I-60’s, referrals and Civil commitment hearings.
- Serves as and demonstrates knowledge of the non-treating mental health professional's role and responsibilities in conjunction with the hearing for nonemergency compelled medication.
- Participates in committees in order to enhance or create programs at the Montford Unit. Participates in programs for staff, security, safety and support. Supervision of BSW students. Presentation or leadership in statewide or national professional organizations.
- Master's degree in psychology or a related field from an accredited college or university.
Take care of yourself and your family, Enjoy some of the best benefits in the state of Texas:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Training provided
- Continuing education
- Loan Forgiveness Program
- Retiree Insurance
- Paid Leave
- Leadership Program
- State Pension
Learn more about us:
EEO Statement: As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Jean Clery Act: The Jean Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and employees. You can locate this annual report through our website at https://www.ttuhsc.edu/emergency/clery-report.aspx.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,522.00 - $73,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location