Come join the dynamic team at the Boys & Girls Club of Aberdeen where you have the opportunity to positively impact the future of countless youth by helping them reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens. You will develop and support delivery of creative programming that includes academic success, good character, leadership and citizenship, and healthy lifestyles. You will support the Branch Director and site staff in ensuring the Club achieves our vision of providing a world-class Club experience for every young person who walks through our doors.
Job Summary: This position will support Programming through implementation, training and data coordination. This position is responsible for generation of program development and delivery, evaluation- pre/post testing, etc. and meeting programmatic goals and objectives as specified in various grant requirements. Supports the Branch Director with implementation and training on program delivery, maintenance of program supply inventory, preparation of purchasing requisitions, grant reporting requirements and other program operational support, in addition to providing technical and programmatic guidance and support to Club sites.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinates the implementation, and execution of programs and sub-programs, special projects, and other initiatives designed to achieve the overall mission, goals, and objectives of the program as specified by grant requirements
- Supports the Branch Director with achieving operational goals and objectives
- Implement programming on site and support other staff with program delivery
- Assists with the collection, compilation, and analysis of program activity data; develops, writes, edits, and presents comprehensive statistical and narrative program reports and evaluations.
- Participates in the development of operating goals and objectives for the unit; recommends, implements, and administers methods and procedures to enhance operations, as appropriate to the unit.
- May supervise and/or manage staff and/or student employees, as assigned
- Provide support to the organization in the effective operation of all development activities required to fund Club operations and deliver programs within the community
- Steward and develop relationships with volunteers, school staff, parents and partners, leading and engaging volunteers on a daily basis as well as special events
- Compile reports as requested reflecting activities, attendance and participation.
- Provide reports, updates on challenges and opportunities, and best practices in programming for youth development.
- Support management of grant requirements, member participation, and reporting to satisfy grant requirements for private, government, foundation and/or corporate grants such as OJP.
- Support maintenance of case management files and documentation to meet grant requirements.
- Learn and utilize BGCA.net and BGCA programs
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Two-year degree from accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) strongly preferred.
- Proficient on Microsoft Suite and strong overall computer comprehension.
- Basic understanding of database systems and reporting.
- Continue education thru BGCA.net and Leadership University.
- Work experience in an administrative or business office setting.
- Ability to work extended hours, when needed.
- Ability to travel within the Harford County region with own vehicle.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Maintain proper certifications and trainings when necessary.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Ability to climb stairs
- Ability to lift items over 50 lbs.
- Mobility to perform active programming needs
- Ability to perform any other position duties
Medical, Dental, and 401k after meeting eligibility requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
- youth development and behavior management: 1 year
Job Type: Full-time
- youth development: 1 year (Required)