The Social/Activities Director will develop, organize and program all adult entertainment activities for the on-site property. Must continually maintain and improve all aspects of the clubhouse-oriented social life.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Organize all resident activities, on and off premises, including dances, theme parties, holiday celebrations, movies, card games, exercise programs, etc.
- Conduct an assessment to determine those activities in which the residents would be most interested in pursuing and/or participating.
- Supervise the development of new and existing clubs that reflect the interests of the Community.
- Document resident participation in group and/or individual social/recreational programs.
- Manage all areas of special events, games and entertainment encouraging participation.
- Supervise catering (food and beverage) for functions.
- Supervise decorating and promotions for functions (where needed).
- Supervise all operational and technical requirements related to clubhouse activities such as lighting and sound.
- Supervise any in-house television channel.
- Coordinate all club meetings and use of rooms.
- Schedule shows, cabarets, holiday parties, special events, etc. Keep calendar of activities for the community.
- Supervise preparation of in-house news publication (1-40 pages). Be responsible for overall lay-out of the publication and distribution.
- Responsible for developing and distributing the Property weekly newsletters, advertisement layouts, size of ads and sales.
- Supervise ticket sales for shows.
- Order and display event and show posters.
- Oversee all bulletin boards in clubhouse. Keep these current.
- Serve as Host, Mistress/Master of Ceremonies for shows and cabarets.
- Order needed supplies (e.g., art and craft supplies, party supplies, etc.)
- Oversee the activity budget to ensure that costs are maintained within budgetary guidelines.
- Take pictures of Community events, parties and other special occasions.
- Plan special “theme” days or months around holidays, seasons, or recognized days such as Father’s or Mother’s Day.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Other duties as required.
- Establish and supervise necessary committees as required.
Education & Experience
- Associates degree in Business or related field from an accredited college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3+ years or related work experience as an Activities or Social Director required.
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
- Must have strong entertainment planning background.
- Able to work with vendors and crews on organizing events in a timely manner.
- Strong administrative background.
- Excellent working knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Outstanding interpersonal, office management and communication skills, as well as a self-starter and multi-tasker.
- Critical thinking, complex problem solving, judgment and decision making.
- Exercise all duties and tasks in a cheerful and friendly manner as well as be a team player, together with office staff and residents to achieve all events successfully.
- Ability to work independently and be self-driven, with ability to identify, plan and prioritize business opportunities.
Tools & Equipment Used
- The associate is required to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time as well as talking on the phone for extended periods of time.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Physical demands include ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Standing, sitting, walking, carrying, and occasional climbing.
- Ability to work extended/flexible hours and weekends.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Recreation: 1 year (Preferred)