Yes, 10 % of the Time
The Credit & Portfolio Risk Officer will be responsible for forecasting credit losses and other risk inputs for the P&L’s used for the marketing investment decision for new account acquisitions. The risk components of the P&L are critical to the marketing investment decision and risk appetite framework. The role is responsible for working with teams in marketing, product, decision management and finance to collaborate on a comprehensive marketing strategy overview for review with senior leaders. The role will also partner with Risk Policy channel managers to analyze changes to portfolio performance based on changes to policy, product, targeting and/or offer. They also will work closely with the portfolio loss forecasting team on the acquisitions impact to the overall portfolio loss performance.
The Credit and Portfolio Risk Officer’s responsibilities include:
- Forecasting credit losses for new account acquisitions.
- Working with Marketing, Decision Management and Finance teams on the P&Ls for the acquisition investment decision.
- Measuring acquisition campaigns against Risk Appetite Framework to ensure they are within expected risk and return guardrails.
- Tracking forecast results to actuals to improve forecasting performance.
- Evaluate opportunities for forecasting enhancements.
- Understand the impact of risk capital from new campaigns
- Bachelor’s Degree required in statistics, mathematics, engineering, physics, economics, or related quantitative discipline
- 4-6 years’ experience in financial, economics or other analytical capacity (or 3+ years’ experience with Master’s Degree or PhD)
- Proficient with SAS/SQL or experience with data manipulation tools; knowledge of Essbase; MS Office required
- Understanding of basic P&Ls of Cards business. Experience in consumer lending business and/or risk management. Credit card experience is preferred but not required.
- Excellent quantitative and analytic skills; ability to derive patterns, trends and insights and provide recommendations
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with ability to connect analytics to business decisions; comfortable presenting to peers and management
- Extremely detail-oriented; intellectual curiosity
- Ability to multi-task and work against tight deadlines