Responsible for reviewing the day-to-day financial transactions that take place at Maison Kayser USA, filing and safe-keeping of the following documents (invoices, receipts, and deposits slips) relating to all transactions, and performing a variety of administrative duties as assigned by the Finance/Accounting team. This is an entry level opportunity for someone who has 1-2 years of experience and would like to enhance their accounting skills.
- Processing of weekly bank reconciliations including initiating any journal entry adjustments that need to be made.
- Maintaining a clean, accurate, and up to date reports of financials throughout the accounting life cycle.
- Contacting vendors to clarify any invoicing and pricing discrepancies; reviewing the B2B invoices and monthly statements.
- Reconciliation of the monthly vendor statements against the recorded invoices.
- Supporting the finance team with booking of the petty cash, expense reports, gift cards and staff meal allocations.
- Assisting with the preparation and reviewing of account payables allocation for all invoices across our bakery stores and ensuring proper receipt of goods.
- Assisting with the preparation of the weekly report consolidating all invoices to be paid while paying close attention to closing terms.
- Assisting with the reconciliation of all credit card transactions against the appropriate statement for all locations.
- Responsible for all Administrative tasks which includes: reviewing and sorting e-mail/mail correspondences, filing, scanning, and cutting/mailing checks.
- Working on ad-hoc special projects as directed by the Director of Finance and the Accounting team.
- A Bachelor's/Associates degree in Accounting and/or Finance highly preferred.
- At least 1 to 2 years of experience in Accounts Payable required.
- Knowledge of general accounting/finance concepts required.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office, (Word, Expert use of Excel and general knowledge of QuickBooks and POS systems)
- Ability to multi-task and work quickly and accurately to deadline
- High attention to detail, excellent communication & Analytical skills.
**Maison Kayser is an Equal Opportunity Employer**
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Excel Expertise: 1 year (Required)
- Accounts Payable: 1 year (Required)