Join SAIC's team to support a federal organization responsible for providing and delivering Information Technology (IT) health care services including the Defense Health Agency (DHA) and the United States Coast Guard (USCG).
With 55 full-service hospitals and more than 370 clinics, this is one of the largest health systems operating more hospitals than any nonprofit hospital system nationally. This support encompasses information technology infrastructure, systems, and technologies required to support the delivery and execution of the medical mission. The work will be located in the Charleston SC area. This opportunity is contingent upon contract award.
The Principal Subject Matter Expert will:
1. Ensure that the Clinical Infrastructure Modernization outcomes are achieved:
2. Support delivery of medical services that enable successful mission operations
3. Assure that IT is interoperable on the DOD networks
4. Ensure information exchanges are secure and effective
5. Ensure cybersecurity services are integral and control risks
6. Perform design and implementation of IT systems that require the integration of diverse and complex components. Activities include creating a problem statement, defining operational requirements including integration with other systems or components, researching and modeling the system architecture and configuration, investigation alternatives, cost analysis and estimation, and decision analysis.
The Principal SME also ensures the logical ad systematic conversion of requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate requirements into hardware and software specification. Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements, facility requirements (including floor layout, power & cooling, network connectivity), data storage, backup, monitoring, operations systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation. Exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness. Conducts assessments to ensure compliance with DHA policy and achieving the four (4) CIM outcomes. Viewed as an expert in the field. Participates with senior management to establish strategic plans and objectives.
REQUIRED EDUCATION SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma with Technical Training in relevant technical field and eighteen (18) years of relevant experience; Bachelors degree from an accredited institution and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters degree from accredited institution and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD from an accredited institution and nine (9) years or more experience
- Eighteen (18) years of hands-on experience with “Specific Projects”, to include three of the following areas: program management and strategic planning, Systems Requirements, HIPAA requirements, Medical Systems, Navy Medical, Operational Requirements, Enterprise Strategic Planning and operations, Test & Evaluation, and Training.
- Recognized expert who has demonstrated industry and public service leadership in one or more of: medical systems; FISMA; HIPAA law; advanced system architecture; hardware technologies; digital/analog communications technologies; applied physics; human factors engineering; computer simulation; electronic sensor technologies; and ERP.
- Specifically experience is required in at least two of the following areas:
o Ability to plan and organize work and interact with technical and non-technical personnel translating user requirements into responsive applications.
o Demonstrated detailed knowledge of IA concepts and requirements.
o Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of DOD military specifications and standards.
o System design integration planning for multiple large-scale installations.
o Hardware and software Evaluation
o System Test and Evaluation, planning execution and management.
o System requirements planning and oversight.
o Technical development product milestone scheduling.
o Understanding of FISMA and HIPAA IA requirements.
o Information Security Management and Information Systems Audit.
- Four (4) years' experience demonstrating the ability to plan and lead a technical/engineering team in multiple, diverse engineering disciplines.
- Ability to obtain and keep a SECRET Clearance.
- Hours outside the standard work week may be required in the course of this project execution.
- IAT Level 2 Baseline Certification is one of the following (or higher):
o CCNA Security (Cisco Certified Network Administrator)
o CySA+ ** (CompTIA certification formerly listed as CompTIA CSA+)
o GICSP (SANS Institute)
o GSEC (SANS Institute)
o CompTia Security+ ce
o SSCP (ISC)2 or CISSP certification
- One Computing Environment certification in Microsoft, Cisco, Vmware, Citrix, CommVault, or NetApp.
- One Training Certification in Windows, SQL, Oracle Database
- Technical knowledge and expertise in at least eight (8) the following technologies:
o Army - DAR Solution
o Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and Nessus scanners
o BlueCoat SV3800 SSL Decryptor
o Brocade network switches
o Cisco 3560, 3750, 3850, and 4500X, Nexus 5k switches
o Cisco ASA Firewall/VPN
o Cisco ASR 1000 series; ISR 4300/4400 series Routers
o Cisco MSPP
o Cisco UCS Server
o Citrix - Netscaler MPX 9700/10500 FIPS appliances, XenApp, Virtual Delivery Agent (VDA), Delivery Controller (DCC), Federated Authentication Service (FAS), StoreFront, Director, Provisioning Services (PVS), License Server
o Commvault - CommVault 11, CommServe, CommVault Web Server, CommVault Reporting Server, CommValut Media Agents
o Dell EMC Unity - SAN, ECS - SAN
o DoD - Host Based Security System (HBSS)
o F5 Big IP 10350 Web Application Firewall
o Fidelix XPS 5000 Sandbox
o Flexera - AdminStudio
o Hewlett Packard - HP c7000 Blade Enclosures, HP/Brocade Fiber Channel SAN Switches
o HP DL380 Servers
o Infoblox 1400/4010 DNS Servers
o Intrushielf 3050 IPS
o Ivanti - AppSense Personalization Server, Management Server, File Director virtual appliances
o Juniper ISG/SSG VPN
o Microsoft - Windows 10, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Operating System Deployment (OSD), PowerShell, BitLocker, SQL Server 2016, Widows Server 2016, Active Directory, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
o NetApp - SAN
o NetApp A200/A300
o Palo Alto 3000, 4000, and 5000 series Firewalls
o Quest - Migration Manager
o SourceFire 3D8140 IPS (Purchased by Cisco, now called FirePower)
o Symantec - Symantec Endpoint Encryption
o Uplogix 5000 Console Switch
o Vmware - vSphere, VCenter, VRealize, Update Manager, ESXi
CLEARANCE AND CITIZENSHIP:
US Citizenship and Active Secret Clearance
- Certification in Risk Management or System Engineering methodologies
o INCOSE CEP
- Experience working with System Design Life Cycle.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability