BIM Consultant - (156490)
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of BIM Consultant, we'll count on you to:
- Lead efforts relating to Building Information Modeling (BIM) and overall vision and initiatives that will streamline use of BIM at HDR
- Guide local project teams in ensuring that BIM guidelines and best practices are properly met
- Demonstrate experience in execution of owner-driven BIM guidelines, as well as creation and deployment of Project Execution Plans (PxP)
- Perform other duties as needed
- Associate or technical school degree, or combination of education and relevant experience
- 5+ years AEC industry experience
- Revit Architecture, AutoCAD and Navisworks experience
- Aptitude toward technology and analytical problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of model-based delivery and automating tasks through use of scripts and/or the Revit API
- Ability to challenge status quo in a constructive and successful fashion and mentor staff
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal communication and demonstrated oral and written presentation skills
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture
- Experience managing large complex workflow performance as a BIM Manager on Healthcare, Science+Technology or Civic projects with a $100M+ budget is a plus
- Experience and interest in sustainable design and LEED process desired
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Civic Architecture (BC)
Nov 14, 2019