Special Security Representative
Security management in and of itself is critical to intelligence operations. Every cleared position within the Department of Defense (DoD) relies on the efficient and effective management and operation of Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) management functions.
As a Special Security Representative (SSR) on our team you will assist in the execution of the component Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) program, providing security office services and SCI security management services for military, civilian and contractor personnel. SCI program management functions include physical, personnel, information, and industrial security, ensuring compliance with all applicable Intelligence Community (IC), DoD and Department of the Navy (DoN) standards.
Specifically, the SSR will:
- Aide the Senior Intelligence Officer (SIO) with formulation and implementation of program goals, plans, policies, and procedures associated with the development and operation of SCI protection functions and activities.
- Prepare detailed and in-depth written reports of findings to include, but not limited to, security incidents and classified material incidents.
- Review new and proposed legislation, and drafts of DoD, IC and DoN guidance and prepares content for revised documents when requested.
- Independently provide recommendations based on real world risk management experiences.
- Provide appropriate guidance, training and recommendations to subordinate squadron level organizations, activities, and units.
- Develop, maintain, and conduct a continuing SCI security education, training, and awareness program for all subordinate elements on topics relevant to the protection of national security information. Prepare and conduct training events.
- Ensures all SCI annual training requirements are met by component personnel in accordance with EO 13526.
- Implement DIA SCIF accreditation standards to ensure physical separation and TEMPEST requirements are maintained on all Automated Information Systems.
- Ensure all military personnel and supporting contractors/civilians meet and maintain all security clearance requirements in accordance with appropriate standards.
- Create and maintain required documentation for facility badge access.
Build Your Career – At JCTM, we know the power of knowledge and experience combined with integrity. When you join JCTM, you are joining a team that empowers their people, does what is right, and believes that every ‘JCTMer’ has a role in helping manage our culture.
Meaningful work – Use your skills, knowledge, experience, and drive in a fast-paced intelligence center supporting the DoD, the Intelligence Community, and our country. Your work will directly support the safety and security of our Nation’s service members by ensuring that the entire organization can continue to function within their respective disciplines.
Room to grow – You will be inspired to grow your career and become a key contributor to JCTM’s processes and strategic goals through your alignment with mentors and collaborative colleagues. From the top down, ‘JCTMers,’, regardless of position or contract have access to expand their roles within the company in support of special projects and company growth as they desire.
- Active TS clearance with SCI eligibility (DCID 6/4 investigation); must be willing to pursue a polygraph if one is not already current
- *Contain one of the following education and experience combinations:
- High School Diploma and 9 years of relevant intelligence/security experience
- Associates Degree and 7 years of relevant intelligence/security experience
- Bachelors Degree and 3 years of relevant intelligence/security experience
- Knowledge of IC, DoD, and DoN governing policies for SCI program management
- Ability to be self-motivated and work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to adapt to changing situations
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
*Education obtained beyond a high school diploma contributes to experience requirements for this position.
Nice If You Have:
- Equivalent Special Security Officer certification course
- Training or certifications in accordance with DoD 5105.21
- Subject Matter Expert in daily management of SCIF operations
- Familiarity with the SCI nomination process
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS clearance with SCI eligibility is required. Applicants must also be willing to perform a polygraph if needed.
JCTM is an Equal Opportunity Employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive internal and external change while supporting the safety and security of our great nation.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- What interests you most about this position?
- Are you currently on active duty or active duty orders? If yes, please confirm your PTAD start date, Terminal Leave start date, and Retirement/EAS/ETS date.
- What is a good phone number and email address to contact you? When is the best time to reach you by phone?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Intelligence/Security Related: 3 years (Required)
- TS/SCI security clearance (or TS with SCI eligibility) (Required)