- Management Experience
- Lean Manufacturing
- Continuous Improvement
This position will lead the operations and support functions of the assigned manufacturing facility. The Plant Manager is accountable for the day-to-day leadership of people & food safety, operations, maintenance, quality, environmental practices, and continuous improvement to meet or exceed all business plans and initiatives within budget. In addition, this position will work with peers to develop and implement strategies that position Post Consumer Brands operations to be accident free and the lowest cost producer of preferred product by driving optimal performance and year-on-year improvements. This role will be responsible for completing job duties in a manner that that delivers real time feedback and quantifiable metrics leading to best practices on all aspects of performance.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Establish environments conducive to high levels of engagement and performance.
- Represent operations as a strategic business partner with all departments to coordinate activities within the company to drive decision quality.
- Develop and implement plans that are aligned with continuous improvement and lean manufacturing principles to deliver business results.
- Develop long term strategic plans, capital plans, operational budgets, labor plans, staffing and capital budgets
- Ensure operations resources are focused and aligned on accomplishing key manufacturing tasks and are accountable for making sure they understand how it relates to the business strategy.
- Through their teams, identify constraints limiting performance and seek out new and different solutions, leveraging expertise across the company to support.
- Optimize and develop talent at both the hourly and salaried level through planning, assessment and actions.
- Course correct issues in the facility through the use of daily production meetings and develop actionable items that will enhance deliverables.
- Hold employees accountable for results and behavior in accordance with company values.
- Is dedicated to providing organizational or enterprise wide common systems for designing and measuring work processes.
- Creates a learning environment leading to the most efficient and effective work processes Is dedicated to providing organizational or enterprise wide common systems for designing and measuring work processes.
- Evaluate plant capacity constraints, ensuring service to customers can be maintained utilizing the manufacturing network as required.
- Oversee new product commercialization, new installation commissioning, and new process introductions
- Respond to variation in production plan to meet customer service demands while sustaining cost and quality objectives.
- Lead management of products and capacity that will deliver operational excellence on time and on budget.
- Participates in the corporate strategic planning process and develops long- range plans to meet corporate cost, profit and growth objectives to become and remain the low cost producer.
- Ensures that Post Consumer Brands manufacturing activities are in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws.
- Hire, train, provide managerial guidance, and review performance of plant leadership.
- Externally represent Post Consumer Brands in the local community and with government agencies. May interact with local vendors, inspectors, customers, consultants, etc.
- Support, implement, and maintain food safety and quality practices as required through SQF.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Management, Science or related field.
- Graduate degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years combined related experience, including 5 years of management experience as operations manager or plant manager level
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing systems and processes.
- Strong knowledge of continuous improvement tools and techniques.
- Able to build relationships and inspire others
- Able to make good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement
- Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of values and beliefs during both good and bad times
- Mentors Manufacturing Managers, Operations Managers, and Operation Supervisors
- Must be mobile and able to take on broader assignments for additional development opportunities.
Post Holdings provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.