- Senior Systems Engineer acts as the technical lead for all hosting tasks, including System Administration, Storage, Backup, and Database services, including.
- Supports the implementation of large-scale automated information systems.
- Designs system architectures to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements and provides for present and future cross functional requirements and interfaces.
- Develops technical solutions to meet a wide range of business needs.
- Evaluates technical trends and provides recommendations for technology and architecture to meet business objectives.
- Prepares cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses for management decision-making purposes.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Works with program managers, project managers, developers, and end users to ensure application designs meet business requirements, and delivers capability using agile methodologies.
Desired Technology Expertise:
- 10 years of analysis related to design, development, and integration of hardware and software to support large scale Windows/Unix/Linux environments
- CISCO CCNP certified with professional-level skills focused on the data center solutions, technologies and best practices to design, implement, and manage a modern data center infrastructure.
- 10 years’ experience testing large scale Windows/Unix/Linux environments.
- Experience performing a variety of engineering and operational related assignments associated with SAN and Storage operations, and virtualization software (VMware’s vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V0 on a set of enterprise-level IT systems.
- 10 years’ experience writing scripts with a scripting language
- Familiarity with DevOps and ITIL processes
- Experienced in AWS, AZURE, Google Cloud Services, and other Cloud environments
Outbound, Java SDK 1.6.0_22, JCaptcha, IText, Log4j, SOAP, Oracle Application Server, Reports, Oracle Database, DAS, Service Now, Crystal Reports, Documentum 6.5, Flex Foundation, Apache Jakarta, IBM WebSphere, TIBCO, InfraDB, WebDAV, Chef, IIS 6.0/7.0/7.5, JBOSS Application Server, Free TTS, Python, MDAC, Vignette, Discoverer Plus, WebDrive, Puppet, Citrix VDI, Hyper-V, VMWare, NetApp, Cisco, FlexPod
Preferred Technology Expertise:
Chef, Ansible Tower, Jenkins, Git, Sonatype, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, RedHat OpenShift Container Platform, Apigee, Spacewalk, SCCM, Twistlock
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)