HCT seeks an highly experienced nurse leader to serve as the Director of Quality at a 200+ bed community hospital located in southern Maryland. The Director’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- managing the quality, risk management & patient advocacy teams/functions
- maintaining accreditation readiness for the facility at all times
- organizing, leading, implementing and supervising day-to-day operations of the Performance Improvement (PI) plan
- supporting the organization’s mission and vision through planning, designing, and evaluating Performance Improvement opportunities,
- coordinating all internal performance improvement activities, and
- ensuring the appropriate use of resources throughout the hospital.
Number of FTE’s: 15+
- Education: Master’s degree required
- Experience: Minimum 5 years’ progressive management experience in an acute care setting with 3 years managing an organization’s Quality Improvement Program; 2 years of clinical patient experience; knowledge and expertise in specific performance improvement methodologies (e.g. Six Sigma, LEAN); knowledge of accreditation and regulatory requirements for acute and ambulatory care services (e.g. state, federal, local regulations; Joint Commission, etc.)
- License: State of Maryland RN or compact RN license
- Certifications: Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) & Lean Six Sigma Belt strongly preferred (if not belted must complete within one year)
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office suite; working knowledge of Health Information Management, data/statistics, reporting
Please let us know if you are both interested and available for this assignment. We have a bonus program for referring a successfully placed candidate. If you have a referral, do not hesitate to share that information with us. Your referrals are very much appreciated!
All expenses are covered while on assignment including housing, airfare, transportation, meal allowance and trips home during the assignment.
Keywords: Director, Quality; Director, Quality and Performance Improvement; Director, Risk Management and Quality; Director (RN), Process Improvement and Quality; Director (RN), Quality
Job Type: Contract
- Quality Management: 3 years (Required)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
Full Time Opportunity: