Full Job Description
Learn & Play Center Inc.
Learn & Play Center, Inc. philosophy is based on the belief that children learn best in an early childhood program that provides developmentally appropriate educational experiences in an integrated setting. Our program is designed to provide a stimulating learning environment that supports the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of every child.
Our aim is to build a community of learners by providing children with enriching experiences to develop self-confidence, independence and strong cognitive and social skills. We respect the dignity, worth and individuality of each child and committed to helping children achieve their full potential.
Therefore, to help children grow up with confidence which includes respecting their own identity.
What LPC are looking for in a Director.
Must confirm to the Office of Child Care Services standards of education and experience. Responsible for overseeing the overall operation for the center such as; budget planning, monthly reports, staff evaluation, purchase of supplies, record keeping, staff hiring and termination, child enrollment, attendance, and enlist the help of the Lead teacher to accurately monitor the RFR documentation. In addition, the director must offer opportunities for staff development by offering timely information to the whereabouts and types of courses needed by staff.
Center Directors must pass state and company background checks. Experience and educational requirements include: * At least three years of center leadership/management experience. * Professional teaching experience with infant to preschool children. * Bachelor s degree in ECE or related field highly preferred. * DEEC Director II preferred
Complete your online application today for immediate consideration.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour
- management: 2 years (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Evening (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift