Under direct supervision, assists the Registered Nurse in providing direct and indirect patient care. Assists the Registered Nurse with delegated nursing procedures under the day-to-day supervision of the Registered Nurse and is formally supervised by the Nurse Manager.
High School or GED.
At least 1 year of current experience in direct patient care. Med/Surg patient population preferred.
- Ability to read and write English in order to provide basic patient care, to understand and communicate detailed instructions relating to basic patient care, and performs simple arithmetic calculations in order to take and record weights, vital signs, and routine information on patient charts.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact with patients, visitors, physicians, and other staff in a courteous manner.
- Basic computer skills
- Competent to safety handle medications
- Current registration with the Maryland State Board of Nursing as a Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Certificate of completion of an approved NST program.
- Heart saver (CPR Certification).
- Ability to walk and stand up to ninety percent (90%) of work time and ability to lift and position patients.
- Normal patient care environment.
Conditions of Employment
Successful completion of skills testing and nursing orientation conducted by the Nurse Manager.