Job Title: Inside Sales Representative - Shredding
At Stericycle, we deliver solutions and drive innovations that protect the environment, people, and public health. This includes working to create a more sustainable, shared future. Our innovative solutions make a difference in people's lives, communities, and our planet by protecting their health and well-being. Change your career. Change your world. Join Stericycle and help protect health and well-being in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way.
Under supervision, the Inside Sales Representative acquires new customers, upgrades or converts current customer accounts and is responsible for the direct sales of Shred-it’s services to potential and existing customers within an assigned territory. Obtains incremental revenue through sales calls, lead campaigns and prospecting. Sells value-added services such maintains Shred-its policies, standards, and practices both within and their assigned territory and ensures adherence to Shred-it’s Vision, Mission and Values
The Inside Sales Representative will be a hybrid role. This would require coming into the office 3 times a week at our Downtown Chicago (Riverside Plaza) Location. Inside Sales Representative must live in the Chicago area - 222 Riverside Plaza, Chicago, IL 60606 Suite 1400
Key Job Activities:
- Receives inbound calls and makes outbound sales calls to perspective and existing customers to sell Stericycle’s services and/or products. Acquires new customers and converts existing customers through prospecting in assigned territory, outbound marketing / lead campaigns and referrals. Effectively utilizes consultative selling strategies to attain a minimum 100% of assigned revenue and quota goals.
- Builds a pipeline of potential future business by prospecting via marketing / lead campaigns, territory lists, the Internet and other sources identified.
- Based upon the Rules of Engagement policy, all prospects / calls must be researched, verified via the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool. The sales representative will determine if another sales rep is currently engaged or has initiated contact with the account, if the prospect is in their assigned territory, and / or which department is best suited to handle the prospect. All special circumstances including cross territory opportunities must be properly documented and either transferred or shared according to the Rules of Engagement policy.
- Effectively uses internet and other resources to better understand client’s industry and business needs.
- Effectively meet or exceed assigned performance metrics and key expectations within assigned parameters including number of outbound calls, close rates, average order size and task management activities (i.e. sales cycle, pipeline and case management). Track details and results for all leads, opportunities, issues and losses.
- Forecast month and quarter sales within 5% of actual results
- Target upgrade and cross-sell opportunities of additional Stericycle products/services.
- Effectively use technology-based Customer Relationship Management tool for lead follow up, sales cycle disposition, pipeline management, forecasting and lost opportunity tracking. Keeps comprehensive and accurate notes in the system.
- Effectively qualifies clients through consultative selling strategies.
- Assist/Support any other specific assigned projects and/or job-related duties as required or requested.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
Preferred Education: in Bachelors or Equivalent
- Education consists of a bachelor’s degree in Sales/Marketing, or the equivalent in related work experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in Sales/Marketing related work experience, demonstrating the ability to manage and develop existing and prospective accounts.
- Must have experience with customer relations, support and exhibit leadership abilities.
- Ability to learn company billing/customer database software, features of all company products and services, at varying levels of account options.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and Outlook are required.
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool is preferred.
- Knowledge of OSHA Regulations or Healthcare industry knowledge is preferred.
- Base salary + Uncapped commission
Stericycle currently offers its employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan. Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment with Stericycle.
The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job or person. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws.To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus opportunities
- Commission pay
- Performance bonus
Weekly day range:
Work Location: In person