Works safely throughout various areas of a fast-paced environment to perform all activities associated with the distribution of product to stores or the fulfillment of online customer orders. Duties include the physical loading and unloading of product as well as order filling and inventory control.
Operates equipment in a safe manner. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Informs management of unsafe conditions and acts. Maintains a clean environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties may include some or all of the following:
- Operates forklift, stock chaser, order picker or other powered equipment to load and unload product, and to stock and retrieve product from locations at varying heights ranging from floor level up to ceiling.
- Picks product to a stock chaser, conveyor, box or tote.
- Packs product according to procedures to ensure damage-free delivery to customer.
- Receives inbound product while ensuring accuracy of SKU, description and quantities through comparison with a printed receiver list.
- Physically load and/or unload containers, trailers, loose shipments to pallets and/or tier racks.
- Performs cycle counts, stock checks and stock locates product to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Removes and disposes of empty boxes, pallets, straps, or other debris from locations and other work areas to maintain a safe working environment.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- May be required to work different shifts, overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to lift and move bulky product on a regular basis.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, bend, lift and climb for duration of shift.
- Ability to operate equipment previously mentioned.
- Ability to work in a non-airconditioned environment.
- Ability to continuously climb and descend stairs safely (applies to buildings with stairs).
- Ability to stock and retrieve product from varying heights from floor level to ceiling.