$10.50 + per hour
10-12 hour shifts
Want to work for a company where ‘do the right thing, in the right way’ is their main value? QPS Employment Group has a great opportunity available for an Inspector/Packer position at a company in Mt Pleasant, IA that specializes in innovative, custom packaging solutions. This is a temp to hire Inspector/Packer position for 1st and 2nd shift. This company also supports their local Habitat for Humanity group and employees consistently participate in the organization’s charity events.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- In-process inspections are the primary responsibility of the Inspector/Packer. Inspection consists of frequent examination of the visual attributes of each product.
- Records findings of inspections in predisys.
- Keep production and packing area clean.
- Operation of manually operated molding presses will be required from time to time to relieve another employee or when a Machine Operator is not available.
- Sorting and/or reworking product that does not conform to the customer requirements.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with all departments.
- Assist in other areas as needed and as assigned.
- Keep confidential the password provided to use the company software.
- Participate in the electronic training, using his/her username/password provided by the company.
- Complies with ISO requirements.
- Conducts all job functions in a safe manner.
- Complies with all applicable state and federal safety and environmental regulations. Uses appropriate safety equipment, as required and/or provided.
- Must be able to lift up to 35lbs non repetitively.
- Must be able to lift 10-20lbs repetitively.
- Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time.
- Must be able to perform average to above average mathematics
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with a good command of the English language.
- Must be able to read and follow directions.
- Must have good color perception and good manual dexterity.
- High School Diploma/ GED is required.