As a Strategy Consultant at IBM, you will help reinvent businesses and industries by developing and utilizing specialized knowledge of industry-specific and cross-industry competitive strategies. You'll manage complex components of an engagement, working closely with clients and their customers to understand their pain points. Your strategic recommendations will drive change in a digitally-enabled era and give you the opportunity to collaborate with highly talented IBMers. Are you ready?
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is the largest professional services organization in the world, with 80,000+ professionals operating in all of IBM’s 170 countries, generating approximately $27BN a year in revenue. With global reach, pragmatic strategies, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, GBS empowers clients to reinvent their business models and gain competitive edge in the cognitive era.
As part of its continuous evolution to future-proof its business model and deliver outsized impact for clients, GBS is investing in a number of growth platforms, service lines and practices including Enterprise Strategy and Talent & Transformation.
Enterprise Strategy is a global management consulting practice comprised of 800+ professionals globally, operating in 20+ countries, and have extensive experience at top management consulting firms.
The primary role of Enterprise Strategy is to serve as the “tip of the spear” for IBM’s engagement with senior business leaders, bringing together IBM’s unique capabilities across strategy, innovation, design, data analytics, cognitive computing and technology platforms to develop and deliver high-impact transformation programs. Enterprise Strategy capabilities include business strategy development and activation, connected operations and next generation operating model strategies, technology and data strategies, and talent reinvention and transformation enablement.
Talent and Transformation
Talent and Transformation is a global innovation unit that leads the market in human-centric, digital and AI solutions that enable clients to execute a range of talent, workforce and HR solutions at scale, while delivering on three vectors – efficiency and optimization, effectiveness, and engagement.
The Talent and Transformation Innovation Unit is comprised of over 6000 professionals globally, and have extensive advisory, CHRO, technology, and business process outsourcing experience. Talent and Transformation capabilities include workforce transformation and the future of work; HR reinvention, shared services, outsourcing and technology; employee engagement and culture transformation; organizational change management; talent strategies and microservices; and learning strategies and platforms.
IBM seeks experienced management consulting professionals to operate at the intersection of Enterprise Strategy and the Talent and Transformation Innovation Unit to support the rapid growth of its Talent and Transformation Strategy practice.
The candidate will play a key role in supporting the build of the Talent and Transformation Strategy practice. Primary responsibilities and accountabilities include:
- Talent and Transformation Strategy content development: Supporting the development of insightful and relevant content for clients and client teams and across all aspects of people and organizational change including strategy activation, workforce transformation and the future of work, talent management and employee engagement, operating models and organization design, culture change, strategic change and communications, leadership effectiveness, HR reinvention, and digital transformation enablement.
- Client relationships: Supporting the development of strong enduring client relationships with senior level (C-Suite) clients and economic buyers to elevate and expand IBM’s footprint
- Seamless client experience: Collaborating with teams across GBS to bring “One IBM” to the client.
- Team leadership: Helping to retain and develop diverse teams; contributing to a culture of high performance, inclusion, continuous learning and collaboration; cultivating followership across Enterprise Strategy, Talent and Transformation Innovation Unit, and industry teams; proactively supporting the success of peers; role modeling IBM values.
- Project execution: Managing client engagements that are meticulously executed, consistently deliver client impact, are profitable, and inspire and develop IBM teams.
- Brand expansion: Supporting the build of IBM’s Talent and Transformation Strategy brand externally and internally
Candidates for this role will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Talent and Transformation Strategy experience: Subject matter experience in all aspects of people and organizational change including strategy activation, workforce transformation and the future of work, talent management and employee engagement, operating models and organization design, culture change, strategic change and communications, leadership effectiveness, and digital transformation enablement. Content depth in one or more aspects of Talent and Transformation strategy.
- Industry experience: Industry knowledge of one or more industry sector (e.g. Banking and Financial Markets, Government, Healthcare Life Sciences, Telecommunications etc.), including the ability to rapidly ramp up on new industry sectors, and develop people and organizational strategies in the context of business priorities.
- Business and market development: Demonstrated ability to support the development of proposals, intellectual capital and methodologies to support business development.
- Complex project execution: Experience being a hands-on project manager that sees the big picture, is operationally rigorous, dives into the detail, balances strategy and tactics to develop pragmatic solutions, identifies barriers and mitigates risk, effectively manages multi-disciplinary teams, and consistently executes with excellence.
Candidates will have a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience and have the following background:
- Management Consulting experience: 6+ years of experience in a management consulting role, preferably working for a top tier strategy firm.
- Domain experience: 5+ years of professional services experience in organizational effectives, workforce and talent management, people strategies and transformation enablement, working with Fortune 500 clients.
- Industry experience: 2+ years of operator experience in industry or working for a Fortune 500 is highly desirable.
- Education: Undergraduate degree required. MBA or advanced degree in organizational behavior from a top-tier institution is highly desirable.
- Other: Flexible to travel globally, fluent in English, and excited to work in multi-cultural environments.
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.