Title: Licensed Practical Nurse (Sign-On Bonus $750)
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $31.10 - $38.02
*As required under NYC Human Rights Law Int 1208-2018 - Salary range for this role when Hired for NYC Offices
Under direction, assists physicians and nurses with patient care, electronic medical record (EMR) chart management and patient flow
- Assists with patient flow. Monitors patient arrival, escorts patient to exam room, monitors patient wait times, assists patient in preparing for exam and advises physician when patient is ready. Assists during examination if required or requested.
- Ensures the exam rooms are clean and ready for the next patient. Washes, sterilizes and sets up instruments and equipment, stock rooms, checks materials and medications for expiration and discards medical waste properly.
- Records medical information within the patients’ electronic medical record as instructed by the physician.
- Maintains inventory of supplies, equipment and/or reagents. May order supplies/equipment/reagents as authorized or ensure that needs are escalated appropriately. Receives supply orders and confirms accuracy of delivery. May assist with cost control.
- Answers phones, responds to inquiries and triages calls to appropriate personnel.
- Assists with administrative tasks which may include prior authorizations, form completion, referrals, maintaining of logs and educational materials and sending/receiving messages, mail and faxes or records, labs, x-ray reports and hospital notes.
- Provides in-office, patient care services. Duties may include obtaining patient histories, vital signs, venipuncture, specimen collection, administering vaccines/medications and educating patients.
Approximately 2 or more years of related clinical experience.
New grads may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be articulate and possess a professional demeanor.
Licenses and Certifications
- NYS Registered LPN License and current LPN registration
- BLS certification, issued by the American Heart Association.
- Infection Control Certificate
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $31.10 - $38.02 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Continuing education credits
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Travel reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Internal Medicine
- Primary Care
Supplemental pay types:
All employees and patients must wear a mask. All employees must be fully vaccinated.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New York, NY 10021: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- NYS LPN License and current LPN registration? (Required)
- BLS Certification (Required)
Work Location: In person