Summer Springboardis recruiting an innovative and dynamic individual to deliver a hands-on course in Medicine for our pre-college summer program for high school students. We have a curriculum, but there is room to create and challenge the high school students as they learn practical skills such as suturing, placing a splint, stopping a bleed, taking vital signs and performing CPR and gain valuable insight into the diverse educational and career opportunities available within the field. The ideal candidate would be an EMT, WFR, or hold a similar certification with hands-on experience in a medical setting.
Who are we?Summer Springboard was founded to give college-bound teens a supportive environment where they can explore their personal and academic passions. Our innovative pre-college summer programs, offered at some of the nation's leading colleges and universities, combines the benefits of an academically challenging summer experience with tools and frameworks for personal leadership development and self-discovery. We're a division of Terra Education, a mission-driven Certified B-Corporation and are headquartered in San Diego, CA.
Dates: You will deliver the course at the designated campus for the 2-week sessions from 9am-12pm for a total of 9 days per session. This equals out to 27 hours of classroom instruction during the following dates:
- Session 1: June 28 - July 10, 2020 (American University)
- Session 2: July 12 - July 24, 2020 (American University)
- Session 3: July 27-August 8, 2020 (Georgetown University)
- Bachelor or Master Degree
- A minimum of two years teaching in a classroom (high school, community college, a similar education setting, or TA experience).
- Professional experience or current enrollment in a graduate program may be substituted for classroom teaching experience.
- Experience with integrated curriculum design and development
- Experience in one or more of the fields listed above demonstrated by previous coursework or job experience.
- Ability to motivate and energize students; Excited to share passion and enthusiasm for your field of study
- Mastery relating with teenagers and young adults
- Personable and positive demeanor
- Strong cross-cultural awareness
- Collaborative in nature; skilled in problem solving and communication
- Good physical and mental health. Staff must posses the ability to actively participate in all elements of the program
* staff members will be subject to drug testing and background checks.
How to Apply
- Complete application using the following link. Applicants who do not complete the entire application process will not be considered.
- Summer Springboard will review your application. If your application is selected, you will be invited for a first/second round interviews with Summer Springboard HQ staff. The first interview is typically a one-way interview conducted over the platform Spark Hire.
Note: Summer Springboard programs are not run by our campus partners. Universities and their affiliated departments are not responsible for the Summer Springboard program in any way.
Job Types: Temporary, Contract