This position is responsible for assisting hotel guests in a friendly, courteous and professional manner. Creates a welcoming and inviting breakfast/evening social room by providing superior customer service to guests. Responsible for set-up, maintenance and take-down of the breakfast/evening social room. Ensures food and beverage station is maintained, and adheres to all safety and health regulations. Follows CSM high standards of quality to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Greets all guests in a courteous and friendly manner.
• Anticipates and responds to guests needs in a positive and timely manner while providing the highest level of service to the guest.
• Assists other associates as necessary to meet guest needs.
• Understands and follows CSM guest service recovery program.
• Responsible for set-up, maintenance, and take-down of the breakfast/evening social room.
• Responsible for maintaining food and beverage station to all safety and health regulations.
• Attendant may also be responsible for assisting with food inventories and orders as needed.
• Attendant dispenses appropriate levels of alcohol to local, CSM, and Brand standards.
• Responsible for proper use of all equipment and adheres to cost controls to reduce expenses and waste.
• Consistently checks guest’s identification and monitors guest’s consumption of alcoholic beverages to ensure compliance with state and local liquor laws.
• Responsible for disposal of garbage, picking up dishes and glass wear, re-stocking breakfast/social area including coolers and freezers, and clearing/wiping down tables and counters.
• Transfers full tubs to the dish room, and washes all barware/dishes.
• Completes all required paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
• Assists with inventory, completing inventory par sheets, ordering, and other responsibilities as needed.
• Maintains a clean and safe work area, and handles all beverage/food in compliance with CSM, brand, local, state and federal regulations.
• Assist in maintaining sanitation and cleanliness of the breakfast/social area, kitchen, and dish room.
• Follow all CSM/Brand procedures for guest/associate incidents.
• Knowledgeable of hotel emergency procedures.
• Produces required volume of work by planning, organizing and prioritizing work duties.
• Adheres to CSM/Brand grooming and appearance standards, and general work rules and department procedures.
• Attends all required department and hotel meetings and adheres to CSM attendance policy.
• Completes all required side work, and takes initiative to jump in wherever necessary.
• Works as a team player and actively contributes to the success of the guest’s experience.
Competencies/Skills Required: Must have food service handling certification or ability to obtain as required. Must have demonstrated exemplary customer service, attention to detail, and ability to perform job duties in a repetitious and fast paced environment.
Education: High school diploma/GED or equivalent experience required.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift, push and pull up to 75 pounds on a regular basis throughout shift. Requires ability to complete physically demanding responsibilities such as walking, standing, carrying, and lifting continuously throughout the shift.
Competencies/Skills Preferred: TIPS/CARE beverage service certification preferred, or the ability to obtain certification as required.