Do you want to work for an exciting educational organization, with the children of our dedicated U.S. Military members? If so, then Johnson Primary School is looking for you!
The Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA), through its Community Strategic Plan has made a commitment to be among the world's leaders in education, enriching the lives of military-connected students and the communities in which they live. The mission to educate,engage and empower each student to succeed in a dynamic world is achieved through its five strategic goals of Student, School, Talent, Organization, and Outreach Excellence. DoDEA is a major Department of Defense (DoD) Field Activity with worldwide scope. DoDEA plans, directs, and coordinates, and manages the education programs for DoD dependents.
DoDEA consists of three regions, DoDEA Americas, DoDEA Europe, and DoDEA Pacific and a total of eight school districts located overseas and in the U.S. and its territories. DoDEA provides education to eligible DoD military and civilian dependents from pre-kindergarten through grade 12.
- TESTING: Distributes, collects and grades testing materials.
- INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS: Prepares instructional materials or bulletin boards by gathering graphics and simple concepts from websites, teacher folders or personal folders of previously used illustrations.
- LEARNING: Provides additional, special, or remedial instruction to selected students. Oversees independent study in computer laboratories and learning resource centers.
- ADMINISTRATION: Distributes and collects items such as tests, homework assignments, and classroom handouts. Performs standard recordkeeping, routine filing, and keep the classroom neat and tidy. Assists in maintaining security and conservation of equipment and materials. Plans and coordinates field trips.
- MEDIA CENTER ASSIGNMENT: s in computer media center, coordinating schedules with teachers, registering students for programs, assisting students with accessing computer programs, monitoring and keeping students on-task, keeping computer progress records, and preparing and printing routine reports.
- Job family (Series)
1702 Education And Training Technician
Conditions of Employment
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- All candidates must be U.S. Citizens.
- Male applicants must meet the Selective Service requirement.
- All requirements must be met at time of appointment. You are advised to submit your documents promptly as part of your application package.
- Applicants may be required to complete a 2-year probationary or trial period.
- You will be required to participate in Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer in accordance with DoD Regulation 7000.14R.
- You will be subject to a background/suitability investigation/determination.
- Selectee must undergo Background Checks IAW DoDI 1402.5 (e.g. Local Files Check, State Criminal History Records Check, and National Agency Check Inquiries). Employment in these positions is subject to successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet/maintain these requirements may be grounds for termination.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability determination and favorable re-investigation every five years.
In order to qualify for these positions, applicants must possess one year of general work experience that has equipped the applicant with knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. General Experience is defined as progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position to be filled.
Applicants must possess: one year general experience; or two years post-high school level education; or a combination of successfully completed post-high school education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements.
THIS POSITION IS IN THE EXCEPTED SERVICE. Work schedule is part-time, seasonal working 35 hours per week/70 hours per pay period.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on the day that 50 applications are received or May 29, 2018, whichever comes first. You must submit all required documents; otherwise your application will be considered incomplete.
Work schedules may be part-time, full-time or school year seasonal. Some positions are part-time with seasonal work schedules. School year seasonal work schedules include periods in a non-pay/non-duty status during the holiday, spring and summer recess periods.
This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once your application is complete, the Human Resources Office will compare your resume and supporting documentation against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this position. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documents, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted, including marking you ineligible for this position.
Applicants will be placed in one of three categories : Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, selection preference will in the following order:
1) Military Spouse preference applicants and all applicants with veteran's preference
2) Family Member applicants without veteran's preference
3) Excepted service family member applicants and Current DoDEA employees
Background checks and security clearance
Public Trust - Background Investigation
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on the day that 50 applications are received or May 29, 2018, whichever comes first. You are not required to submit a document if it does not apply to you.
Eligibility documentation may contain:
- All applicants must submit the Overseas Pre-Employment Data Form with their application. The form is located at http://www.dodea.edu/Europe/offices/hr/upload/PreEmploymentDataForm.pdf
- Transcripts, if applicable
- Eligibility documentation
- Copy of latest SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, if applicant has current or previous Federal civil service experience.
- Applicants requesting Military Spouse Preference (MSP) must submit the following documents along with their completed application:
a. Military Spouse Employment Request Form
b. A copy of the sponsor's Permanent Change of Station orders indicating authorization of dependent travel; or a Command Sponsorship letter and marriage certificate, if you are not on the sponsor's orders.
- Applicants claiming 5-point veteran's preference must submit a copy of DD-214 (copy member 4), Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty. Applicants claiming 10-point veteran's preference must complete SF-15 http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf as well as the required documentation indicated on the SF-15. Lack of supporting documentation will result in the agency's inability to recognize veteran status for this announcement.
Note: Applicants WILL NOT be considered or rated if all of the forms indicated above are not included in application packet.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits .
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.