The classification of this position is broad and assigned specific functional areas; duties and assignments may overlap depending on the operational needs of the department.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
% of Time
- Transports guest to and from their location via company shuttle.
Welcoming guest with a warm smile at Front Desk
Assist guests with check in (payment, voucher, etc)
Assist guests with reroute, rescheduling or refunds
Maintaining all areas including the back room and front desk areas.
Ensuring the coffee pots are ready for refill. Maintaining the coffee area throughout the day by checking coffee pots and water dispenser area is clean and refilled.
Maintaining lobby and bathroom areas.
Entertain guests while waiting for flights
Greet guest when flight returns.
Assist retail cashier with stocking of the retail shop
Assist retail cashier with sales and videos
Assist Inside-Radio with monitoring of the safety briefings. (certain base locations)
End of day-closing paperwork, which includes vouchers receipts, and bank deposit.
- Prepare coffee for next day, clean backroom.
Ensuring there is sufficient supply of back up headsets/microphones for A/C.
Maintaining and organizing Inside Radio desk. (certain base locations)
Conduct safety briefing, preparing manifest, and issue life vest for guests.
Entertain guests while waiting for flight.
Greet guests while returning from flight and assist with removal of life vests
Flight following –to include, departing and returning flights from Alpro
Communicate with Ramp personnel regarding rerouting, cancelled flights, and delayed flights.
Communicate with Pilots if inflight videos are not working properly
Contact Avionics if pilots needing assistance.
Hobbs. Need to input at the end of the day.
Assist cashiers with duties and chores.
- Escort Guests to Aircraft in a safely and professional manner.
- Assist guests with seatbelts, headphones, and microphones
- Secure A/C before departing (doors, latch check, oil leak, A/C lens, window washing)
- Offload guests in a safely and professional manner and escort guests back to safe zone.
- Offer a photo for guests before or after flight in front of the A/C in a safe area.
- Assist Ramp control if needing Maintenance.
- Assist Inside Radio with life vests. (certain base locations)
- During down time, entertain, interact and be available to guests in lobby area.
- Confirming that all Pilots are provided with the manifests for next flight.
- Reset seatbelts before next round of flights
- Reset headsets and microphones before next round of flights
- Be sure that the Retail associate is provided with the inflight videos from A/C.
- When pilots are on lunch, reset belts, headsets, microphones, sanitize aircraft (wipe down belts and headsets, and microphones) and help pilots with blades and shades.
- Prepare Oshibori’s for the day.
- Maintain Retail area
- Restock retail area if needed.
- Entertain, Interact and be available to guests at all times.
- Greet guests upon returning from flight.
- Offer Oshibori to guests after flight
- Preview inflight videos for guests, make that sale, and offer “Visions of Hawaii” package.
- Input notes for any sales made into reservation.
- Assist guests with shopping needs.
- Make notations with video issues in Daily notes (advising Avionics, and Pilots).
- Video Queues.
- End of day-closing paperwork.
- Ensuring all Oshibori towels are washed and dried.
- Closing counts.
- Restock and clean condiment area. Ensure all Retail shelves are stocked for next day.
- Locking of entrance from ramp door, front door, and turn off lights in lobby.
- Return monies to designated associate. Make sure closing paperwork is ready for Accounting.
- Prepare deposit and log onto “S Drive” for accounting purposes.
Check ramp of any FOD.
Reviewing event schedules for any special indications.
Ensuring fueling pads are accessible, and not occupied by any Aircraft DFD.
Communicate with MX of any Ops flights, or Ferry’s.
Assist Pilots with pre-flight of A/C (undo blades, and shades).
Ensuring guests, Pilots, employees and Aircraft is safe at all times on the ramp.
Clear Pilot and Aircraft for take-off/ landing and shutting down of Aircraft.
Land aircraft and Pilots on the designated fueling pad.
Be sure guests are within 50ft away from a fueling aircraft.
Observe surrounding airspace for any potential aircraft conflicts the Pilot may not see.
Look over aircraft for any type of fuel leaks or latches not secured.
Speak over radio to pilots in a professional manner.
Be sure all Aircrafts that are down for lunch are ready for afternoon flights.
Shut down all A/C for end of day.
Notify EL when all A/C is down.
Assist with Retail for closing.
Verify bank deposit with Retail.
Organize life vests at the end of the day.
Charge laptops for next day use.
Be sure building is lock and secure.
- Make sure dispatch schedule for next day is in daily notes.
Additional Job Requirements
- Regular scheduled attendance
- Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling
Subject to applicable laws and Blue Hawaiian policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Blue Hawaiians’ employment practices and policies.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Blue Hawaiians will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
High School diploma or equivalent.
1-2 years sales experience.
1-2 years of cash handling experience.
1-2 years of customer service experience.
Ability to maintain a high-level of alertness as job may require working around an aircraft.
Ability to work in a fast paced work environment and be able to balance multiple tasks successfully.
Excellent communication and customer service skills.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
Ability to effectively present information to guests or fellow employees in one-on-one and small group situations.
Intermediate with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
POS/Inventory Control System experience preferred.
Physical Demands Analysis Tool – Please complete below
Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
Able to work in severe weather conditions
Should be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.